Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tyre size - Help!

will_2111

Hi guys,

I've got some 15" 9 spoke alloys with 195x45 R15 size CR500 tyres on.

My sump is only about 50mm clear from the ground, so i'd like some larger tyres to run.

Can anyone recommend what size to get that will help me raise the sump another 20-25mm or so?

Many thanks,

Will

Hi Jonathan,

I have one, but not sure how to add it to these forums.

Basically, judging by the angle of the bottom arm, the body sits a tiny bit lower than horizontal.

Hi John,

I don't unfortunately, they aren't adjustable - and yes, they are 10 after counting...

Cheers,

Will

A 55 profile will raise the car about 20mm (10% of 195 = 19.5), and a 60 profile will raise it about 30mm (15% of 195 = 29.5).

I don't know of a 7-friendly tyre with those profiles, but I'm sure someone on here can advise.

Btw, are you looking to sell the CR500s?  Depending on wear and age, I could be interested.

JV

Hi John,

If i find some suitable 55 profile tyres to replace, i will be selling the cr500's, yes. They are nearly new as well - you can still see the centre mould line.

Hi Dave,

I'd quite like the larger tyre for the difference in gearing also.

Regards,

Will

You can get a set of adjustable height sleeves to fit your existing shocks. They're fairly straight forward to fit and would work out cheaper than a new set of tyres. With a flat floor set up, I suspect the handling would also improve.

You'll then have a full choice of wheel sizes / tyres.