Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry Sump Drive Belt - Supplier?

Tazio

As part of a preventative measure I want to replace my existing dry sump pump drive belt.

The only markings on the existing belt are L225 Goodyear 05213 63.

I have tried googling these numbers but have been unable to find any reference to them.

Any ideas of where I can get a replacement?

Bearing Services supplied mine from memory. If its a standard Caterham VX setup (I can't remember .....) then:

"Belt supplied by Swindon for dry sump pump is a Gates Power Grip belt from Bearing Services 210 L 050 (also marked 235DS)"

Thanks all for the input but I should have clarified.

The car has an XE VX engine, and the dry sump system is the Pace set up.

I had made the assumption that the 'Goodyear 05213 63 ' were the part numbers and I should have been able to find reference to it somewhere on the internet, but alas it seems not to be.

Bugger .

A bit more info would be good - it sort of resembles an inch sized belt, but I can't imagine such narrow and short one is used.

There may well be another set of numbers further round with a more industrial standard format.

Width, tooth pitch (if indeed it is toothed - the VX listed above is toothed, the K series one above would seem to be multi-rib) and a guess at length (- wrap a tape around it, or center distance and diameters of pulleys) would be good.

Belts on the brain today  - been configuring a couple of machine drives, using GTD belts, 2504 long, while also deciding on the amount of backlash to design into the composite gear train around a steel 6MOD gear of 720mm PCD, to allow for thermal expansions in 145F ambient, with suitable fits on metal hubs . . .