Click here if you are having website access problems ×

420R Track noise test results

Jh roadsport

Hi guys I've got a 420R on order which should be mine in July. Ive been wondering what other 420 owners have experienced with regards to trackday noise test results. Donnington being my nearest track usually has  a 98 decibel limit. Whilst I've specked the car with the track day exhaust, I know 620,s with this exhaust have been over the limit although the 620 is a different beast. Thanks in advance, Jason 

Not sure if the IVA test is stricter, but I had my 360R IVA tested yesterday.   I was 1/2 db under, so that was 98.5, and therefore over the 98db static limit for Donington.    The last time I was there I can't remember having a static test, instead they relied on the drive by, but things like that change.       

Hey Dr. Slotter, that was me next to you in the garage, hello! I have a 2016 420R with standard side exhaust and although at Donny you don't get a static resutl so I cant give you a figure, I was flat out as much as I could be all over the circuit and didn't get pulled for noise. And Dr. Slotter was right, it was a 98db day...