Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Specification of 1990' s Limited Edition Caterhams

Jumpin Jack Flash

Hi everyone,

In order to define the specification of my "new" 1990' s Seven (rebuild of 1990' s chassis) I am looking for pictures and information of following Limited Editions:

1. 1.4 K series Roadsport: late 1995 - early 1996. If some-one has pictures or an article of the first demonstrator (yellow car), this would be great.

2. 1.6 K series Superlight first series: from 1997 until ?

3. 1.6 or 1.8 K series Clubsport: 1998 - 1999. To my knowledge only 5 cars were ever built.

All the info concerning the original factory specification is welcome!

Thanks

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Re the 1.4 Road-Sport (hyphenated for this model).

Built on the later central handbrake chassis with separate damper and wishbone mounts. 1.4 K series supersport engine with the forward facing plenum, rated at 128 BHP. Spec included six speed box, mine came with a 3.92 diff, which suited it fine, carbon front cycle wings, leather seats and came with a numbered dash board plaque.

I have the Performance Car article, from October 1996, for the Superlight. It was reprinted as a Caterham Cars brochure. Car in photos is P509 BPA. I also have the Caterham sales brochure from when I ordered mine (1997) which includes the superlight.

Happy to scan and email over - just send me a PM with your email address.

Regards

Ian

I have a 1996 Road-Sport, fairly standard with the 6 speed box. I have the original purchase order somewhere with the full options list (filled in for my particular car) if this is of any interest?

Car externally also has carbon fibre protectors on the rear arches (I believe was standard).

If there is anything else I can dig through the paperwork I have.