Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Weber O-rings

scorcher

I'm wondering if and when hardened and thus leaking O-rings are renewed, whether the carbs. require a complete retune or would the status quo remain? Also does anyone have a notion as to the cost of a new set of coolant hoses for an X-flow ie Samco silicone or the standard rubber and which type is advised? Many thanks.

Also does anyone have a notion as to the cost of a new set of coolant hoses for an X-flow ie Samco silicone or the standard rubber and which type is advised?

Silicone hoses last longer and come in pretty colours.

Classic Silicone Hoses £78.

Members seem happy with all three suppliers of silicone hoses. There's a Club discount from one of them.

Jonathan

If you mean the MISAB plates then you will probably have to re-balance them on the centre linkage but nothing else should change.

With regard to hoses, the quality of the Caterham supplied rubber ones used to be poor with them cracking quite badly after 2-3 years. I got through 2 sets in 5 years before I swapped to zetec. Might be ok these days as I last bought a set 6 years ago?

Re the o-rings between the carb and manifold (where fuel/air mix passes through) - get the proper ones with the metal surround. Don't get the plastic surround type.

when remounting the carbs back onto the manifold, don't do up the bolts on the rubber bobbins too tight, they should be looser than you think. If too tight you will get fuel coming out the carb and it will take weeks to find out why........ ask me how I know :)

cheers,

Andy