Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Thanks to James, Merrick, Andy and everyone for a great day at Cadwell Park

L7 FST

As I sit at the Admiiral Rodney in Horncastle with a pint of beer, after a fantastic day at Cadwell, may I be the first to thank all involved for making this a really classic Club track day....

And good news (for many) that the mandatory FIA bar rule has been relaxed by the Club at last!

Stephen *byebye* 

Stephen , your comment re Trackday bars is factually incorrect 

if you wish to continue down this road please take it up with the MT organisers  who will explain to you clearly where the club liability lies Vs CaterhamCars Ltd liability

lets not taint a fantastic day with another attempt to create unrest 

• Leadership Team

Nice one Stephen!

But to avoid any misunderstanding (in case your sense of humour causes some confusion as it travels across the ether...) let me be clear for everyone's benefit: there has been no relaxation of the Club's requirement for FIA or 'track day' roll bars and no further review or relaxation of these requirements is planned.

Let's not go there, eh?

James

• Area Representative

Well done to James and Dave for organising a great event.  Plenty of driving time and just one very short stoppage for the whole day and no accidents at all.  Dominic definitely thought the track tuition by Phil (and Merrick / James) was excellent and well worth having as it helped him drive for the rest of the day and to practise his lines.

Thanks to Caterham for their support and the 620 was a real hoot!

Cheers

Nick

• Leadership Team

Although it wasn't pre-arranged, the MSV official photographer was at the circuit yesterday trying out some new kit and he has/will be posting photos at the following location:

http://www.msvtphotography.com

No doubt MSV will make a charge per copy...

Anyway, onwards and updwards to the next Club track day at Anglesey on Friday 30th September; hope to see you all there!

James

I'd like to thank the orginisers and my "Buddy" Delbert for looking after me yesterday on my first every car track day. Although I had done a track day at Cadwell a good few years ago on a motorbike which gave me a bit of a head start.

I was a bit apprehensive when I first turned up with all the other cars on trailers and sporting track day rubber, after having trundled down from Whitley Bay, however any concerns I had were quickly alleviated by Delbert

Having just acquired the Caterham and joined the club I was made to feel welcome and everyone seemed approachable. I was a bit worried with aspects of my car but any of worries of handling woes disappeared once on the track.

So if anyone out there fancies giving it go, don't worry just do it, I probably had the least powerful and least track capable car, with tired dampers  and naff tyres but you couldn't get me off the track in the afternoon. Infact, I only came in for a run in the Caterham 620 which was awesome.

Also if your car has no adjustable suspension you don't have to worry about adjusting stuff!  At least you can't make it worse.

Got back home last night at 21.00 worn out nearly ran out of petrol got lost in Lincolnshire but it was the most fun I've ever had in a car

I will be trying to get to Anglesey now if I can just borrow a trailer, get some new dampers, seats and track tyres etc 

I'd like to thank the orginisers and my "Buddy" Delbert for looking after me yesterday on my first every car track day. Although I had done a track day at Cadwell a good few years ago on a motorbike which gave me a bit of a head start.

I was a bit apprehensive when I first turned up with all the other cars on trailers and sporting track day rubber, after having trundled down from Whitley Bay, however any concerns I had were quickly alleviated by Delbert

Having just acquired the Caterham and joined the club I was made to feel welcome and everyone seemed approachable. I was a bit worried with aspects of my car but any of worries of handling woes disappeared once on the track.

So if anyone out there fancies giving it go, don't worry just do it, I probably had the least powerful and least track capable car, with tired dampers  and naff tyres but you couldn't get me off the track in the afternoon. Infact, I only came in for a run in the Caterham 620 which was awesome.

Also if your car has no adjustable suspension you don't have to worry about adjusting stuff!  At least you can't make it worse.

Got back home last night at 21.00 worn out nearly ran out of petrol got lost in Lincolnshire but it was the most fun I've ever had in a car

I will be trying to get to Anglesey now if I can just borrow a trailer, get some new dampers, seats and track tyres etc 

Huge thanks to James and all the organisers for a truly fantastic day! Really useful having the instructors on hand and got a lot out of that session. Has to be the best track day I've ever done in my Caterham! Can't wait until Anglesey....thanks guys.

• Leadership Team

A belated 'ditto' ref the above comments regarding last Friday's Club TD....superb. Organisation of the day itself and the trackday 'eve' curry, were spot on

Good to see the 'buddy' system being appreciated. Phil seems to be a happy customer despite the fact that Delbert was his buddy :)   (sorry Derek...couldn't resist;) 

now I just need to get the BEC working

Rog

I wanted to add my comments about Cadwell, absolutely excellent day, the second time with the same instructor as Brands Hatch, some very spirited driving and as always such a wonderful array of Sevens makes you appreciate what a great design these cars are.

Meeting people who have just bought their car, just built their car, one their first track day to the chap queuing for fuel who has owned his Seven for 17 years just shows what a following the marque has.

Having been to Brands and tried one format for mornings and afternoons the Cadwell format seemed to work really well and it allowed us all to go out when we felt like it. However, it could be that 3 streams are done in the morning as as the beginners will doubtless have got better by the afternoon just have 2 streams (intermediate and experienced) could be a good midpoint - just my thought on this one!

Does anyone know when the Anglesey day is on?

Guy