Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR Query

Manstein

I asked CC this question recently and their answer was catagorically NO, because of the steering collumn controls that you mention, so I didn't pursue the matter. 

I posed the question because on models produced since somewhere between 2008 - 2012, they started fitting a collapsable (slightly) steering wheel boss, the design of which did not allow the central horn push button to be used and they reverted to a horn button on right hand side of the dashboard, where it is fitted on other models.  Given that the central horn push button is no longer functional, I would have thought you could fit a QR boss although you may then lose the self cancelling function for the indicators, although you are lucky if that lasts a year anyway ;) 

However, looking at the CC  store it looks like you would require a different boss and also different column

http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=127

The simple answer may be to fit a steering wheel with a flat lower edge, if you are looking for easier access and more clearance between steering wheel and the seat.

My CSR, with the swoopy dash, has a QR boss and Momo steering wheel. It was done by the previous owner so I have no experience of doing it myself.

The indicators don't self cancel but I have a loud buzzer so that's not a problem. The horn button has been moved to under the column housing which is a bit of a pain and I may move it.

Simon