Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Suspension refresh

Kal-El

Is there a comprehensive guide anywhere detailing all the part numbers I'll need for a full suspension refresh? I'd like to start getting all the parts together for a winter rebuild. To inc bushes (standard or poly?) nut's bolts, tie rod ends, covers etc etc...

I have an imperial S3 wide track with Bilsteins.

Thanks

I am thinking of doing the same on my '94 car. By the time you refurb the bilsteins and re powder coat the springs the nitron street series start to make sense. Are the billies still available new from redline?  Would the original spec with the progressive springs be better for a mainly road bound car, or would the nitrons be an improvement over the original set up once refreshed? Any thoughts welcome. 

Very good question.
I've just been thinking the same. When you add the £80 cost of a refurb to Bilsteins, plus blasting and powder costing various bits its not far off the £145 cost of buying new ones. If you buy a new set, you're then only £100 off a new set of Nitron Streets. I did email Nitron, as I thought about a set but I wanted them supplied with the turquiose blue springs but they wouldn't do it. They said they could charge me an extra £300 and supply some blue springs to go with them though. Why can't they do it? In my mind the turquoise blue springs are synonymous with the Niton brand. The Street series dampers look a bit dull to me. Makes no sense. I could spend £30 and have the black ones re-poweder coated anyway. Why is everything so difficult?

Hi

I have rebuilt the suspension on my Lotus & am having problems with my 95 Supersprint top links. Apart from Shockers the problems are:

removing top and botton links without damaging body work

worn top links needing replacement, but the new ones are slightly different & result in need to check camber, tracking etc and you have to buy 2

worn track rod ends

Although I have replaced the bushes on the Lotus they did not need it even after 50 years also with the Supersprint they do not need renewing.