Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ford 2L ecoboost vs duratec

antonio

Ecoboost and the n/a gdi duratec are basically the same size block and head with a few differences to the old duratec. The cam cover is taller though and the fuel pump and vvt solenoids stick up quite high. The engine is a tight fit in a 7 and would need some bulging of the nose and bonnet to go under.

Thanks, exactly the kind of informations i was looking for.

bulgles look quite awfull but maybe afew extra centimeters can found on sump/ground clearance...ill try to get one engine soon or late and see what can be done

If you dont mind running a bit close to the ground it may just go under the nose but probably still need a bulge at the back for the fuel pump. The oil filler is tall and would need cutting down. The old 2.3 was tall but people got it in s3 with new mounts. I think sv with csr mounts would be ok. The turbo will hit a rhd column. The metric chassis engine braces should miss but the long braces on a csr or imperial car may be too close. Probably need a new inlet manifold on lhd. If you get one in a 7 I know someone who makes an ECU to run both types rather than trying to get ford stuff to work if interested.

Sounds interesting indeed

i had a look this morning and found some US company that can make Very low profile (shalower?) sump- along with a DS device of course- so definitly a few centimeters to gain ouver the tall std sump

fitting would be in a LHD s3 so turbo/scavenge pump should not make any trouble with steering column

i really need to find and look at a bare engine to see how itcan fit.... I have been told that 2 l and 2.3 have the same block/ head...but there is Very little chance to find a affordable 2.3 engine ATM... (I AM also pretty conviced gearbox would never deal with the torque/ power delivery)

2.3 had a taller block than 2.0 hence the mounts. This, I think, has a block same height as 2.0 with a taller head that ends up overall roughly the height of a 2.3.

You can't remove the cam driven high pressure pump, it uses that for the gdi injection and it also needs a high pressure electric pump in tank.

• 1 year later...