Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Big Head Fasteners

MereCat

Hi all,

anyone know where I can source some of these to fit new cycle wings?

I have spoken with the company direct but they wont supply unless I place a large order.

I need to source 8 (happy to take a few more). If anyone else is looking to do the same then a possible bulk buy , but would like to fit asap, so any other sources for these would be helpful.

Cheers

Paul

I bought mine from East coast fibreglass supplies as well.

in addition I have also bought some Stainless steel cable ties 100 mm by 7 mm. From M A components via Amazon. I have not tried them yet but hopefully it will take the worry away from the plastic cable tie failing. I am not sure if I will use them instead of, or as well as.

LawrenceR  

UPDATE

so have now purchased the bigheads and presented to the Wings stays ( bighead meet wings stays...sorry my warped sense of humour).

Am I correct I saying they don't actually sit over the diameter of the stays? They sort of perch with the only thing enabling me to hold is through use of the ties?

Is  this right or have I got the wrong ones from ECF?

thanks

Paul

AMENDED: I was thinking of only using adhesive when I wrote this.

On adhesives... I suggest you read these threads:

1, 2, 3.

They include several different recommendations and experiences (including mine) and one very interesting question. But I think the most important factors are preparing the stay and making a tube of sticky stuff around it rather than a contact patch.

Jonathan

Hi Merecat

When I did mine I found a bit of bar the same diameter as the wing stays and gave a gentle tap with a hammer to ease them out so they sat better on the wing stay.

The glue I used was the EC1000 Acrylic Adhesive supplied by East Coast Fiberglass. I stuck the fasteners onto the wing and cable tied them in place to the wing stay with 2 cable ties per bighead fixing. 

6 months of blatting in this car and nearly 2 years in the old car no failures yet..

Cheers

Mark