Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough Armco?

Notsohotcams140

Whilst watching a YouTube video, hopefully linked above, I noticed what looks like a 25m stretch of Armco exactly where Mr Durrant exited the track in August. 

MI have email the organises of Curborough about it but just wondered if anyone had heard about any changes. 

Based on Mark's off you would imagine a caterham would be in much worse shape hitting Armco. I thought of the poor R400 driver at Harewood who's light touch meant a visit to Arch.

hopefully it's not Armco but a cushion that looks like it?

Personally I wouldn't implement a change that affects safety without having all the equipment. They may have shock absorbers to go infront of the Armco but people are completing trackdays without it.

I might go on Boxing Day to see what its like.

As I previously said, I'm awaiting a reply from the Course Secretary.

Rob

That'll be the same hump (hollow) that was still present in T1 for Martin and T2 for me.  The only difference being that I was fortunate enough that the grass had dried sufficiently for me to steer away from the hedge!

I know it was part of the course but I do think it should be rectified as the corner is faster than the hollow will allow - accident waiting to happen in my opinion - think I said as much to Shaun and Gill when we walked the course Saturday a.m.

I am surprised at what they've done putting armco there - hardly the ideal solution.  I would have thought that a tyre wall or rectocel would be more appropriate.

• 1 month later...