Click here if you are having website access problems ×

PT Sports Cars clear out

Ian PTS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trouble is 'sharing an opportunity' soon becomes a ton of companies flogging all manner of stuff. Personally I prefer not to see trade gear in a general forum users sales section.

A 'trade' sale section might work? It would sort the wheat from the chaff. 

I thought it was for members......Ian was clearly a member as he was able to post.

I to have a set of stanchions that I would not of had..... So there is two members that have benefited from a post that was made with the best intent.

If the club wants to manage traders, have a look at the locostbuilders forum, traders can register and it is not overrun by them and is well managed on a volunteer basis.

Just my two pence worth.......

Cheers

Ian

I do agree it would be in our interest to allow some suppliers advertising on here.

I just need someone prepared to put in a little time and effort in working a way how.........so if anyone can offer a little help with club advertising please send me a mail.

Martin

Martin

do agree it would be in our interest to allow some suppliers advertising on here.I just need someone prepared to put in a little time and effort in working a way how.........so if anyone can offer a little help with club advertising please send me a mail. -

I am happy to do this, but it just needs to be sorted. Was an issue when i was on the managment team and still not sorted some 4 years later.

You hav email

David

Thanks all for the comments and for some messages offering help. 

The For Sale section has always been for private sales only and the guidelines stated this (and that a price was required amongst others) Unfortunately this "Sticky" post hasn't stuck on the new site, I will ensure it is returned to make this clear to all.

Separately we have floated the idea of a "Traders" section where items such as those offered by Ian could be seen but we had parked this while we resolved the initial website problems.

In an ideal world an "Advertising Manager" could look at how other sites manage online advertising and offer these extras to existing LF advertisers, in addition we are obviously keen for new LF advertisers !!

I just need someone with a little time and expertise to establish what is possible and how to move this forward. Whilst our housekeeping has been thorough other forms of income are always worthwhile. (now where's the scrooge emoticon *biggrin*  ) I do need someone able and willing to look after this moving forward as our existing resources are somewhat stretched.

Martin

Does it really have to be complicated though Martin? Ignoring the side issue regarding advertising in LF, the point we're trying to make is that any member should be allowed to post USED items for sale, whether they are a trader or not is largely irrelevant isn't it?

There's a growing community of 7 owners on facetube now and Ian has been welcomed to post his used items there. If the club is be seen to be giving value to all of its members, BC should be THE default site to post such items, not the new Facebook site.

I honestly can't see what harm that can possibly do. As a club member, I see a lot of advantages of traders posting their used items, ex race stuff and bits gathered under their benches.

• Area Representative

My opinion is this issue needs sorting & sorting quickly, otherwise users of Blatchat are going to be going elsewhere. I'm not sure what the usage stats are since the introduction of this new site, but to my uneducated eye, it seems somewhat lower than it was in the past and surely we should be encouraging members to have every reason to be using this site...

The PH 'Caterham' forum seems busier nowadays...

• Area Representative

Traders selling on Blatchat is always going to be difficult to police especially if they are involved in the club and use their own car in the sprint series etc.  Simon has listed a couple of items(links below) and they are probably both ligitimate personal sales although the second one does not say they where for use on his own car although I am sure he would have been pulled up by Martin if they were not.

I think the rule should be if you(the trader) advertise in Lowflying/buyadvertising space on this site then you should be able to sell used items on the For Sale section stating you are a trader.  If you have new items at discounted prices then you can link to the items at reduced prices on your own sit, again clearly stating you are in the trade.

Nick

http://www.lotus7.club/forum/sale/big-bore-hayabusa-throttle-bodies

http://www.lotus7.club/forum/sale/asnu-350-injectors-brand-new

Nick

You are correct its a nightmare. 

To be clear both those items are my own personal parts.

I would love to offer specials or clearance offers but I can not do so even as a long time advertiser,

Before I left the MT we set out a method which would alow advertisers to pay an additional fee in order to post (not to extremes) offers in a new forum area or answer a question with a little more detail than currently allowed.

So If someone asked "whats the current damper of choice?"  I could reply "currently the damper I recommend is the ******* and it is currently £**********"   I can not post that at the moment.

The difficulty is protecting the Low Flying advertising revenue.  So we decided that in order to gain this access to Blatchat there would be 2 thresholds of advrtising spend which equated to 2 Blatchat fees.  The last thing the club needs is me to pull all advertising and then spend £100 or so here to offer members info and deals via the forum.

The website has taken so much time from the MT and with no one in post on the Team for advertising setting this all up has had to take a back seat.

Personally I think there are many things currently removed which are a benefit to members but it also has to be a level playing field for all.

Simple answer: traders are not allowed to post, but members can post links to things for sale from traders which may be of use to other members.  I didn't see the original ad, but if it was on a website, and if another member posted a link, then wouldn't that be legit?