Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anglesey National October 2015 - Double lapper?

Englishmaninwales

Hmmm..Sounds interesting! Got this email today:

To Longton Club Competitors

For 2015 we are considering whether to run the Saturday Anglesey National layout as a 2 lapper, similar to that used by other clubs (MGCC/L&CCC; Chester MC).

Can you please vote whether you would prefer the 1 lapper or a 2 lapper, noting that the 2 lapper may result in less overall laps.

Please vote by emailing Craig Powers on cpowers@blueyonder.co.uk by midnight Friday 14th Nov.

If you Don’t Care one way or the other then still let me know by email. It all adds to the democratic process.

This question relates ONLY to the Saturday.

I will also be asking invited clubs and championships.

Regards,

Craig Powers

Shame..........  less runs, trash your tyres and the finishing order is highly unlikely to change.  The biggest problem is that if it's a two lapper, then the National is deleted from the counting events for the championship so even less people will be turning up.  Why would anyone want to make it a two lapper ???

Oh well........  *confused*

I'm afraid it will end up a class one and two event only, in the future.....

I love the Anglesey weekend and was sorry to miss it this year.  I understand Stuart's point, but the opportunity to get more track time and the challenge of keeping it together over twice the distance is very attractive to me.  Most of us have really long journeys to get to Anglesey, so the chance of spending more time on track sounds great. 

Shame..........  less runs, trash your tyres and the finishing order is highly unlikely to change.  The biggest problem is that if it's a two lapper, then the National is deleted from the counting events for the championship so even less people will be turning up.  Why would anyone want to make it a two lapper ??? 

Haven't replied to Matthew yet, although the double lap was my initial thought until I read Stuart's post. Why is it that a two lapper would disallow it from the championship and if that was the case nobody would go, would they? I think I'm missing something here.  

I have done the double lapper at HSA events - I hated it at first, because I was used to the single lapper, but have grown to enjoy it, as the entry to the first bend is 'interesting' at speed. The second lap is fine on Kumhos Stu!

I held myself back and didn't comment on Kumho versus Avon Lyn ...... *smile*  but as you mentioned it, yes it is an issue on the Avon.  The tyres have "gone" by the final hairpin on the international circuit (that's 88 seconds).

I'm just surprised at the vote considering prior double lap experience.  The running is much slower and the risk of multiple cars getting baulked or re-ran is much higher.  From what I have heard, Blyton 2 lap wasn't popular and the Goodwood (non-club) 2 lap was a disaster and they've gone back to 1 lap. Llandow is okay as it's so short.  The Silverstone 2 lap we did was a hopeless - 1st practice was almost midday and it wasn't quite dark before we finished.  I believe we would get less track time on the 2 lap configuration but I may be proved wrong.  Saying that, I got 3 re-runs at Silverstone as I was Baulked / stopped so much so I ended up with I think, 7 or 8 2 lap runs in the end.

I have enjoyed both the single and double at Anglesey - probably prefer the single, but the double isnt the end of the world as they send cars out in batches, so it doesnt feel slow. Coming down to that first corner at straight line speed is quite a surprise though.