Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Login/Logout button

shn7

I sometimes find I've been logged out and don't always notice and I think I've seen others report issues with not realising they are logged out.

A simple idea to help spot your status - can the Logout and Login buttons be made very different colours?

I have a bigger problem if I connect from work.

They have a cacheing proxy and I get the following:

1. Connect to lotus7.club
  2. Click on Blatchat - notice that I am not logged in
  3. Click Login - log in, get shown my profile (grrr - why can't it put me back where I was!!)
  4. Click on Blatchat - receive cached page that shows I'm NOT logged on
  5. Sigh heavily and press F5 to avoid going around in circles.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a problem if you are automatically logged out

Yes. I (and I assume many others) look first at "New and Updated posts".  You then see a post of interest, try to reply to it, and then find you're not logged in. You log in, and get dumped back at the profile page which helpfully shows you the very first post you made on Blatchat, 14 years ago (edit: looks like they've finally fixed that and show you the most recent).  But you want to get back to the post you were viewing. However, "New and Updated" has now totally changed because you're now logged in, and it's hard to find the post you were viewing before.

So the problem is not so much with being logged out, but that the login process is far from seamless.