Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Whch dry sump oil tank?

I am about to fit a Pace dry sump kit in my R300 Superlight with K-Series engine (S3, 2002).

What is the best oil tank to use? I've looked at Pace's own round cylindrical design and some triangular designs by Brise.

Also, where is the best position to mount them?

Any photos would be particularly helpful.

Cheers.....

Hi,

I have the round pace one on my K. Basically had to shorten the passenger footwell and re-locate the battery to the bulkhead. No problem as the heater removed. It was the kit supplied by caterham and comes with a triangular plate with an angle bent on one edge that rivets to the end of the footwell / chassis side rail to sit the tank on.

Send me a PM and I'll send some photos by return. Also have Steve Tourle's excellent write up in PDF if you want it.

Regards

Ian

I've got the Pace Easiclean tank mounted in a shortened passenger footwell (I rarely if ever take passengers) so that may be an issue for you. It sits on a little shelf that was supplied with the kit and rivets to the chassis bars. The tank itself is really nicely fabricated and fits really well in the gap. Here's some pictures of mine:

here

here

here

here

I've got the Brise tank located in front of the engine, Brise will make that tank to your specification so you can choose what inlet/outlets you need, where they are.

It's worth asking them to put a drain plug in the bottom as well as it makes it a lot easier to empty.

I didn't want to shorten the footwell which was the main reason for going this route.