Lotus Seven Club Watch - available for purchase

Alex Rae

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm definitely in for C3. And if this goes ahead (and Alex doesn't mind managing the distribution of the run numbers on top of everything already done) I would like 014.

Trying to decide if I would want the other one vs missing out on not having the L7C watch. Are Christopher Ward the sole stockists or does anyone know of stockists in London (or Sevenoaks!) that would allow me to go and see the watch before making a decision.

Alex - how long until you close the survey/make a decision, or is it a matter of waiting to see how many responses come in? I haven't done the survey yet (per the above - don't have the answer to qu.3), but am definitely in for the C3.

Thanks for all your efforts so far on this. I really hope it comes to something, as does SWMBO because it makes the effort of deciding this year'is birthday present (and probably a couple of years into the future as well!) very easy for her!

So, thoughts on stockists?

Ross

Update 4 16/8/14 @18.15

I think it's time to answer a few questions and update where we are.

Serial numbers: I'm not collecting them yet, it will be done a the time orders are placed and how that happens has yet to be finalised. Having said that, if someone here has expressed a preference it might be fair to go with that. Except that I'm about to disappoint Oil and Mort - I've claimed No. 007 a while ago. *smile*

Options in the poll: If you are happy with either, state one in Q1 and in Q3 say you'll buy the other one if that's the one that goes ahead. I can go through the answers to work out who would be happy with either.

Disappointed people: I'm sure that was always going to happen. Given the answers from the survey we have created the two watches that appeal to the widest possible audience. Colour, price, movement and strap options all led to the two watches designed.

Stockists : CWL only sell direct. There is no showroom, but you can make an appointment at their office in Maidenhead to look at watches. I was there on Tuesday and it's worth a visit. Warning - it could be expensive!

Club discount: If we get the numbers to produce a club watch I'll ask if there can be a discount on other watches in the range. If we don't, I would not feel comfortable asking. Prices for a club watch are as they are.

Time for the poll: it will stay open until we get at least 50 for one design. It will then stay open to see if there is interest in the second design. I'd hope to have 50 expressions of interest by the end of next week at the latest so that we can open the formal order process.

We are already getting there with the numbers needed for the C3. *thumbup* We are around 30 if you include people who,would prefer the C10, but would buy the C3. So come on folks and get the poll done. *biggrin* I hope to get the 50 interested needed through Blatchat then an article can go in Low Flying to say that there will be a club watch and this is how you get one. The C10 is about 10. This is pretty much as expected. The poll is here.

Edited by - Alex Rae on 16 Aug 2014 18:33:06

Alex,

Any photos of the buckle upgrade for the C3? I can't find anything on the Christopher Ward website.

Nick

Edit: Forget the above. I found it. *rolleyes* Link here should anyone else be interested.

Edited by - Mort on 17 Aug 2014 11:10:06

• Area Representative

Survey completed. I actually prefer the C10 and would buy that one if it where definately going into production however the C3 looks more likely to actually reach the required numbers so put me down for the C3. Unforunately I cannot afford both.

Nick

Update 5 - 27/8/14

There will be a club watch *smile*

Sorry for the long gap between updates. I was hoping to update that there would be a watch and give order information at the same time, but I'm waiting for details on how the order process will work.

The club watch will be a C3 as shown in the original post. It will be available with brown or black leather on on a steel bracelet. An upgrade strap with a Bader clasp will be available. Details on that to follow.

There have been just over 50 expressions of interest. Therefore CWL are going to produce 100 watches. This means that no one who has expressed an interest will be disappointed and as an article will be in Low Flying those who don't use Blatchat will get a chance to buy one too. A second batch may be produced sometime in the future if demand exists. Serial numbers up to 100 can be requested on ordering, but will be on a first come first served basis. Sorry, but 007 has already gone. *tongue*

Thanks to everyone who helped by filling in the Survey a Monkey questionnaires. Without the responses this could not have happened. Order details to follow.