Click here if you are having website access problems ×

At speed racing in Essex- anyone had dealings good or bad??

zetec

These guys are MASSIVE in the French hot hatch tuning scene, mainly for attaching big blowers to 1.6 16v engines in Saxos and 106s. 450bhp and FWD in a bean can, anyone?

Anyway, I don't have direct experience of them, but they have both positive and negative followers all over the forums. The two brothers do the turbos, ECUs and modern tuning and the father does the old-school stuff, or something like that.

A pal of mine up here can tweak carbs and has his own rolling road, but it's a bit of a trek for you just to get that done. Unless you want corner-weighting and other bits sorted to make a nice day trip up the A12? I'll buy you a cuppa and a burger. 😬

My car was booked in with Dave Singleton at Boss originally but he didn't have MBE software so a few phone calls later by Dave Atspeed came to the rescue (sort off).

I trailered the car off to Raleigh Essex to be greeted by for want of a better expression a load of kids taking pictures of my BJ built XE engine.

A guy came out whilst I had just unloaded it and proceeded to adjust the carbs to a point where it no longer ran.

Somewhat disillusioned I made a call to Steve at Track & Road who had just had a cancellation, so I voted with my feet and took it there who did a fantastic job and would highly recommend them.

Would I use Atspeed -NO-

Quoting Mankee: 
These guys are MASSIVE in the French hot hatch tuning scene, mainly for attaching big blowers to 1.6 16v engines in Saxos and 106s. 450bhp and FWD in a bean can, anyone?

Anyway, I don't have direct experience of them, but they have both positive and negative followers all over the forums. The two brothers do the turbos, ECUs and modern tuning and the father does the old-school stuff, or something like that.

A pal of mine up here can tweak carbs and has his own rolling road, but it's a bit of a trek for you just to get that done. Unless you want corner-weighting and other bits sorted to make a nice day trip up the A12? I'll buy you a cuppa and a burger. 😬

That sounds like a Blat to me mate!!!

Craig,

If you just want somebody to check/adjust your carb settings and not play around with the ignition mapping, you could try Tom Airey. He's old school happier with carbs and distributors, but depending on what you want, he's not too far from you.

Airey Tuning Co

Harnham House

Cheriton, Alresford

Hampshire, SO24 0NT

Tel. 01962 771845

Phil B