Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Volvo V40 wheel locking nuts - NEED assistance please!

rynicolson

Happily bought from another member... some idiot (me toothy smiley) following a puncture left the locking wheel nut "key' on the tarmac confused smileyv- vit was dark, raining and late... well thats my excuse (me = numpty).

Anyone got a Volvo security whhel nut remover in the Andover area, Southamption or A3 / M3 to London I can borrow to remove 4 x locking wheel nuts???

I've just done c. 700 miles on a spacesaver and its time to put the proper wheel back on!

Thanks Richard

07584 250 203

If the nuts are the same as those on the older style Volvo then Volvo dealers can supply a replacement providing you still have the id card in your service booklet . They are made by McGard i think and are pretty hard to defeat. They look like here

The generic removal tools just destroy the head and often result in wheel destruction to get the bolt out of the hub.

If you don't have the code, then a Volvo dealer may have a master set that will remove it, and from the tool set they use they can obtain a code for a replacement.

The other approach is to take a photo of the nut and email it to McGuard in Germany.

Apparently they can match the pattern to generate a new key.

From experience VAG group have a kit and there are only thirty different keys for their wheels. AA have them on board. I had been commuting for a while between London and Stafford when I discovered that the service department at Audi had nicked mine, luckily I was at home. To their credit they gave me another one free. 😬