Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Power Supply To Boot

I'm looking to fit an intercom to my late R300.

The power supply to the R/H/S of the under boot area has been located, but has no output (Ign on, engine not running).

I've looked at the fuse board none are missing but the diag in the H/Book doesn't match my car. Apart from running a new supply, any ideas please.

Thanks DP

Thanks for that, I will check it out. Would have saved the cost of the loom interface to power the high level light!

That leads on to where are the terminals for the power supply located...?

Any ideas?

I have similar in my 2012 supersport. I believe it is for a 12v socket that you see in some cars fitted in the rear bulkhead between the seats. Iirc one is a light feed and the others a 12v and an earth. I think the purple ends up on the fuse box under the dash, but as all cars are different in some it's connected and in others not connected. If you can find the under the dash end it should do what you need to power the intercom.

On my car the sub loom for the high level rear brake light was already in place, but much lower down under the boot floor.

I've checked the terminals, you are right, they do indeed power up when the brakes are on! I guess the ones I'm after must taped to the loom or not fitted.

Either way, boot floor out.

Thanks for info.

I can't remember the colours but I certainly had a permanent (well when big red switch on) 12v feed in the boot, I connected my intercom to it.

Edit - just found a photo of mine

http://www.sevenracing.co.uk/Caterham_Build_Diary/Entries/2013/1/13_Bonnet_Wrapping,_a_few_stickers_and_Terratrip_Intercom_files/shapeimage_8.png

Edited by - Grubbster on 20 Feb 2014 23:43:13

• 1 month later...