Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bulk buy rear lights fitted

Mavic82

So after receiving a beautifully packed box of lights from Tim I was itching to try them on the car.

Fitted them today and I think they look great *smile* many thanks Tim.

On my old lights I had set white LEDs in to the reflector to act as reverse lights. When I built the car I wanted a clean rear end and I did away with the traditional fog and reverse lights.

I have been able to take this further now with the clear indicator lens. This time I have set 4 super bright LEDs on a cage inside he light lens around the indicator bulb. Result, no apparent reverse lights but lights that work great when reverse is selected.

I also fitted silvered indicator bulbs but have now changed to regular orange ones as in daylight the silver ones were just not bright enough for me. Don't look quite so good but overall I much prefer the look of the red stop lights and clear indicators.

Links here of some images with and without lights on here

Edited by - Mavic82 on 19 Oct 2013 19:14:26

Edited by - Mavic82 on 19 Oct 2013 19:53:05

Reverse lights work really well. The clear light lens diffuses the light a little which is a good thing with LEDs as they can be rather directional

I took a photo of mark 1 but changed to a mark 2 which separated the LEDs more so as not to restrict the light from the indicator. Will see if I can post it.

Cheers

Guy

• 1 month later...

There shouldn't be an issue with removing the lenses, as you say they should only be held in place by the two screws. Perhaps try a gentle 'rocking' motion (vertically) whilst pulling gently.

A point to note: the lenses are handed (L/R), as the central plastic divider has different size cut-outs to straddle connectors in the base - when you come to fit the new ones bear this mind as they won't fit upside down *wink*

Go on - ask me how I know that....!

D'oh!

Pierson

Should come straight off, but if they have been on some time there could be some sticktion.a little rocking should do the trick.

As said they are handed but easy to mod for either side with 5 mins and a dremle. The slot that is needed can be seen blanked in the moulding