Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Grudge Match at Curbs this Sunday!

The Comp Sec

I'm told there is a grudge match at the sprint on Sunday.

Simon and Mark are at loggerheads as to who is a driving God!

Closest to the class winner in %age term wins a case of beer!

Simon is Steff's Class 1 and Mark in Alan B's R300

Simon will be ensuring the toggle switch under the dash is de activated in the Bowler R300 and since he tells me he is already a driving God *rolleyes* may the best man win 😬

This will be a no holds bared event. They will run out of Class order after Class 3 prior to Class 4 so as not to provide any benefit of Smoking tyres to the usual pedallers *nono*

It will also give the usual Class 1 and 2 competitors time to spectate and see how a car should be driven *smokin*

😳 😳 😳 😳 *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *thumbup*

Shame I can't be there, but I put my money on Mark. 😬

With no team orders (I hear) this time, It's not Alan's engine anyway and Rob will be standing by with a spare gearbox *eek* *eek*

Simon will be on 1a's with no traction control and even has to get the car off the startline all on his own......... *rolleyes*

I am looking forward to the video

have fun *wavey* *wavey* *wavey* *wavey*

I hear Simon has now gone upmarket and no longer drinks 'Bow' as his preference is Cidre 😳

However, recent evidence suggests the ex-Chairman will not change from his real ale chaser prior to a good Rioja *thumbup*

Sunday should be a good watch, especially Simon competing with no driver aids *eek*

How many gears will I have? 6?

What do these Class 1 cars rev to - hope its over 10k we'll soon find out. *eek*

I should have a power to weight advantage if the evidence on show at a recent waterpark in Barcelona is to be believed!

However Mark will have age and experience on his side 😬

No more discounts for Nelson and Mr Miller won' t be getting a Christmas card either.

I'll be servicing a couple of local class 1 cars this week and I'm sure they will need a test drive or 2

Simon and Mark are at loggerheads as to who is a driving God!

Seems like Simon and Mark spent too long in the sun on holiday.

Closest to the class winner in %age term wins a case of beer!

Drivers need to understand that any prizes (esp. beer crates) remain the property of "the team".

Simon is Steff's Class 1 and Mark in Alan B's R300

The "R300" engine is now wrapped in a soft duvet, pending return to its owner (unless he forgets). My ROADSPORT is now running the BOWLERSPORT MK2 engine. 120 bhp max.

This will be a no holds bared event.

They will run out of Class order after Class 3 prior to Class 4 so as not to provide any benefit of Smoking tyres to the usual pedallers

My contract with second driver Durrant states he will warm my tyres nicely, then complete 2 parade laps (with a bit more tyre warming on the final straight), before parking at the front of the queue, jumping out rapidly, and holding a sun brolley over me while I prepare for my class winning run.

It will also give the usual Class 1 and 2 competitors time to spectate and see how a car should be driven

PMSL.

We'll be busy opening the beers.

Clearly not just my car you have no respect for then.... 😬 😬 😬

No seriously, very impressed (and Mark) that you managed to remember what the sticky thing in the middle does, that the clutch is not just for setting the launch control and how to feather the throttle when going round corners. Just remember next time that it is polite to leave about 1 second between your time and the car owners'. *tongue*

See you next time

David, Jeremy, Mike *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* - I can see I'm going to have to come back to class 4 and not 7!