Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rover immobiliser solution please

GF04RCE

Ok, i cant use my seven at the moment as the immobiliser has got all confused. I cant reset it, or do anything to it it seems to let me start the engine.... I am not quite ready to strip out the ECU and replace with an Emerald i have, but anyone with any ideas would be gratefully received.

Yes i have changed the fob battery

Yes the battery is fully powered

I have tried disconnecting everything and reconnecting, this did work once but a few trips later the only way i could get home was on the back of a flat bed... *confused*

I tried the press it 5 times to reset but nothing happens

anything else and i will give it a go.....

Thanks

Cheers Oily... I will follow up on the Z and F tuning route

Cap Sensible...

Is this a K series? YES

Do you have another fob have you tried this? YES

Is there a red indicator light on the dash that flashes when the car is disabled, if so is this flashing? It does all sorts of different things, sometimes with a beep sometimes without generally flashes as it should but just doesn't fire the engine...

If a K Series have you tried holding the fob next to the 5AS unit? (this is a black box normally under the dash on the drivers side) YES tried that it is picking up the signal but my guess is it is just not sending the right signals to the ECU. Fuel pump fuse is also fine....

Beep? The 5as doesn't have a sounder...

Try removing the battery from the fob, and then shorting the battery clip terminals with a paper clip or something. Then pop the battery back in and see if it works any better.

The CCT LED is your friend. A constant 1 Hz flash means the unit is immobilised and won't start.

Does the fob have Lucas 3TXA engraved on the back?

This has always worked for me

To re-sync the fob and immobiliser:

Disconnect the car battery (regardless of the initial state of the immobiliser)

Wait a few moments then reconnect the battery.

Press the lock button four to eight times to re-sync.

Then press the unlock button once.

All should now be fine provided the fob battery is ok and you have held it near to the receiver antenna.

John A

Hi John, just tried that, car does all the right flashing and clicking, but still no life.... I am wondering if its a fuel pump issue as i am not hearing a noise from the back.... or could be a fuel pump earth....

David M

Fred, The beeper is the annoying indicator one from the dash that sometimes sounds sometimes doesnt.... the fob has 17tn on the back...

Checked battery and that is fine.... the fob seams to be connecting and working fine its just not allowing the starter motor to trigger...

David M

Charlie, i am starting to think it may not be the immobiliser, and have started checking it through step by step with caterham.... it could just be a loose or damaged wire somewhere which will be apig to find..... the saga continues... *smile*