Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6 K power

Pendennis

Mine is around 180bhp at 7600rpm with standard bottom end, T160 pistons and a K05 head with Jenvey throttle bodies, verniers and an emerald. All done in the depths of Milton Keynes by Dave Andrews.

Edited by - Titanium7 on 13 Jun 2013 18:50:18

180 ish, forged pistons, throttle bodies, 285 H cams, Daves head with standard seats and large valves with reprofiled tracts. Pulls like a train from below 2000 rpm with 4-2-1 exhaust. Torque just under 140. 13 inch wheels and light flywheel makes it all very drivable. Go toDVA

I would have thought most of the develpment on the k series has been done as its now an old engine.

As to who would I get to build you an engine, there will be many different veiws. I have an engine by Nigel Keats of Couger Engineering 01527 821675 and am very happy with it. There is an engine builder called Jason and it is well documented that he had an issue with one of his engines and a club member but he may be the best engine builder out there. There is also Tom New of Newtechniques 01489892957 I would also be happy to give him an engine to do, as have seen his work.

Well those are my preferred engine builders in no particular order.

David

Quoting David Nelson: 
I would have thought most of the develpment on the k series has been done as its now an old engine.

As to who would I get to build you an engine, there will be many different veiws. I have an engine by Nigel Keats of Couger Engineering 01527 821675 and am very happy with it. There is an engine builder called Jason and it is well documented that he had an issue with one of his engines and a club member but he may be the best engine builder out there. There is also Tom New of Newtechniques 01489892957 I would also be happy to give him an engine to do, as have seen his work.

Well those are my preferred engine builders in no particular order.

David

this

• Area Representative

Quoting Pendennis: 
To turn a 1.8K into a 1.6K, is it just rods and crank?

Forged 1800 pistons may need to be modified to reduce the crown height as the pistons are higher up the bores in a 1600.