Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pro Race 1.2 13" Wheels. Anyone using them?

FramerateUK

I'm currently running 195/45 CR500's on the 15" wheels but I'd like a set of smaller wheels for trackdays.

I was tempted to go 6" all round with Caterham's standard anthracite wheel, but they seem to be out of stock constantly and some Pro Race 1.2's have caught my eye.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13-WESTFIELD-CATERHAM-KIT-CARS-TEAM-DYNAMICS-PRO-RACE-G-BLK-ALLOY-WHEELS-4x108-/130858529041?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D7677675177846875825%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D130858529041%26

Anyone running these? They're a 7" width as opposed to the 6" on the Caterham wheel. I was planning on running 185/55/13 Ao48's all round in the medium compound so I'd get a bit of use out of them on trackdays.

Anyone have any input? Should I hold out until Caterham have some stock of the 13's? Will be Roadsport 140 slide about too much on the 6" 13's at the back? I have quite enjoyed the insane grip I get the from the 15's on trackdays!

• Area Representative

AVAILABLE ET23 AND ET35

7" wheels at ET23 are likelly to need around 10mm of spacers to clear the wing stays at the front, and ET35 a further 12mm!

A 7" wheel needs to be more like ET12 to fit without spacers.

Edited by - Richard Price on 15 May 2013 18:12:37

Thanks Richard, I definitely don't want to go putting spacers on.

Would it make more sense to just get 6" wheels anyway? I assume that 185/60 AO48's will fit on without any trouble?

I guess I'll hang about until I can find some of Caterham's 6" wheels. I looked at the CXR wheels but I'm just not that keen on the design of them.

• Area Representative
6" rims all round is fine and is the correct rim width for 185/60 tyres. I have used 6" rims as track rims with 6" slicks on all manner of cars from 120-210 bhp and not had a problem at all with grip - sometimes its much better anyway not too OVERtyre a car and to have a bit more fun hooning!

I've got these on mine. Look good, tight fit though but there's enough clearance. I've got the brake upgrade too. Et 23

There on Toyo proxes r888 185/65/13 on the front and 205/65/13 on the rear.

Give me a shout if you need any more info

Tom

Edited by - TomCat1 on 16 May 2013 12:36:27

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick addition to this.

I got a hold of Compomotive and inquired about getting a set of CXR1362 13x6 wheels all round with an offset of 24.

This seems to match the Caterham specs as far as I'm aware.

Combined with some AO48's in 185/60 that should give me with 1% of the same circumference as the 15's.

I assume going from the 15's to the 13's won't give me any issues with hitting anything on the rear? (like the watts linkage or the anti roll bar?) Anyone had experience with this?

Thanks guys, I'm sure you'll all fed up of tyre/wheel questions!

Lots of people have downscaled, so there is quite a bit on this in the archives *smile* I moved from 16" to 13", and had to remove a bit of the dedion ear, but that was about it.

This was with standard caterham lightweight alloys, as the space is VERY tight ymmw with the Compomotive.

I did a fair bit of searching but most people seemed to go for the wider rear wheels and I wondered what difference it would have with the narrower wheels.

My car is an ex-Autosport one so it may have been fitted with 13's at some point in it's life.

I switched to 8" rears, so can't help you much there I am afraid. But if I should hazard a guess, I would say that the 6" should interfere even less than the 8" so you should be fine.

Go ahead, you will love the change...I know I did 😬

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update this for the sake of anyone searching. I ended up buying some Compomotive CXRs (CXR1362)in ET24 6x13 all round.

Compomotive CXRs

I haven't had tyres fitted yet, but the wheels fit perfectly all round. There's just enough clearance around the big brake kit up front, and they don't get near to the dedion ears in the back.

They look pretty good too and weigh very little! Very happy! Just need to buy some CR500s to go on them now...

Edited by - FramerateUK on 20 Jun 2013 17:09:28