Click here if you are having website access problems ×

rusty arm/rod

stagemaker

I am not sure what the name of this is but the arm at the end of the steering rack that comes out of the main body and goes to the wheel. This has obviously received some damage during normal driving from stone chips and road "stuff". Mine is now a little rusty. It had been sprayed black when i bought the car but the rust has already started to come through. I assume this can be replaced but i have heard this is a quite a pain job. Is there anything i can do to bring it back to life whilst on the car and protect it for the future.

If it is as easy ad rubbing down and re-spraying i'll give it a go in a few weeks.

I mentioned the probelm to the guy who works in the CC showroom. He stated shrink wrap. I would have thought this wouldn't be very strong and need replacing regularly.

I have noticed the carbon fibre covers on seven speed but have never actually seen them on a car. I would say these should be pretty strong. They must be pretty sticky but are the sticky enough to stay on? Has anyone here used them and can confirm they are any good? Any advice?