Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Apollo tank

Scott Dabinett

• Area Representative

Hi Scott,

I am sure that Phillip would be more than happy for us to use the workshop, reasonably easy to fit, some installations make up an Ali bracket to help hold it in place, I have a brand new tank but no pipes etc. Not sure who manufactures them but guess Caterham would be a good place to start.

Regards Paul.

Redline had a kit in stock and, as usual, it was with me within days.

With a little time and care you can fit yourself (although I cheated and asked Dave Andrews to help, OK - do it, whilst he was rebuilding the engine anyway) but the lessons learned were to be very careful to get tight seals on the tank itself as they're very difficult to get at once in. Loop an alternator belt over it too.

And there's a lug on the engine block right in the way that has to go too. Lots of info on here if you search.

Big *thumbup* for Redline.

The Apollo is easy to fit provided you take care. The key thing is to ensure you get the sandwich plate truly oil-tight.

There's an excellent guide here, and there's an article I wrote way back for LF here.

Edited to add: You might want to consider fitting a Laminova oil cooler at the same time. It goes with an Apollo like fish goes with chips, and has the added benefit of warming up cold oil. There's an excellent write-up here.

JV

Edited by - John Vine on 23 Feb 2013 16:10:19

Edited by - John Vine on 23 Feb 2013 16:12:17

Scott - my car (2006 1.6 k series former academy car) has an apollo,I didn't fit it, it was on the car when I got it. You're welcome to see the installation 'close up' for reference if you want, I guess you aren't going to be too far away as we're both 'Wiltshire' based!