Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carcoon advice

GPBox

Having previously owned a Carcoon (nice company and good to deal with), I have changed to and Airchamber and wouldn't go back. The frame allows you to drive the car in, and in fact I built my car in a small sized Airchamber.

Here's a link: Airchamber

I bought mine from Ebay as it was a little cheaper.

Duncan

I have a Carcoon. Great bit of kit and am considering replacing it with the new Veloce version with the frame, like the Airchamber, but it maybe just a bit wider than would fit well in my garage. More investigation req'd. The smallest Airchamber is a bit narrower but is longer which might be a bigger nuisance in my garage. You can't win.

Would agree Carcoon are OK to deal with but are terrible at answering their phone. Can't think of any other company I've tried to contact who are as bad as Carcoon at answering their phone. Gripe over.

Hi, not as sophisticated as commercial variants but a very good low cost alternative....get a large sheet of very light polythene, big enough to drape all over car and maybe 500 mm excess all around, decorators polythene will work. Drape this over the car and place a 45 or 60 watt tube heater underneath the car. Very low running costs, polythene "inflates" with warmed air to form a chamber and air bleeds out of edges to maintain a flow so naturally dehumidifies.