Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Side Screen nuts and bolts

Bradders

Hi all,

Quick question, I've managed to head the bolts on my side screens undoing the driver's side. Loads of corrosion on the nuts, WD40 didn't work. Guess I'll need to cut them off.

Any ideas on the size of these so I can get replacements? A point to a good site to get sundries like this would be great too.

Cheers,

Bradders.

yes, replace with stainless, just replaced all mine, amazing how a few years in damp storage will conveniently colour all non stainless items in brown... check the nuts and bolts used to tether the rear wings to the body, some of these are also used as earth points for the lights.

I took mine to a proper nut shop (!) and simply asked for two dozen like these please, in stainless. "Certainly sir, just a few moments" and duly produced them for me.

Local shops beat the internet hands down when you (I) don't know what you (I am) are doing... finding them is the thing. I used "Threadfast" in Congleton. Brilliant. Engineers. Cater to trade and nut cases only.

Quoting Bricol: 
Replace with stainless steel socket button heads and stainless nylocs. No rust 😬

Bri

Went to a local "nut shop" and did just that. I think they look rather nice too. Might look to replace a few more to "bling" her up a bit. Good job for the winter.

Thanks for advice guys.

Bradders.

Bradders: having done just that I was amazed how many there are and when you start doing it you will see more and more of them in places like down the side of the tank, so out it comes and so on.. may as well replace the (fuel) tank fastenings as well.. and removing old ones can be fun. 😬