Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wind deflector

fauxae

The soft bits one only fits between the headrests. I was thinking the rollbar covers a bigger area and that would that be more effective. What did you use for the mesh on the one you made? Was that attached to the rollbar by Velcro? Regards Alan

Black insect mesh. Black cloth tape round the outside edges folded in half round a stainless rod and sewn to the edge of the mesh. Secured to the roll bar with elastic straps with Velcro patches. On the underside, elastic straps with poppers onto the tonneau fixings. The elastic is necessary for tension in the mesh.

I also made something similar to Ians, got my mesh from

The mesh company.

Certainly find it reduces spray through roll bar, not sure It reduces buffeting for me, I wonder what the difference is ?

Tyrone if you are around Kielder in the next coupl of weeks you are welcome to have a look at mine 😳, probably arrange coffee and cake/ beer as well

Tim

Edited by - tbird on 6 Sep 2012 01:05:59

Well - I can't compete with local coffee, cake and beer 😬

Tim - the buffeting is much the same with the doors on, but disappears with the doors off !!

Our co-conspirators on the mesh screen bought the bits (and sewed them together too 😶‍🌫️)

The mesh was bought on line, the black cloth tape, black elastic and velcro from a sewing/haberdashers shop and the stainless rod - not sure if it was on-line or through a steel suppliers. That was the most expensive bit.

Got the guns to lift the pints, unfortunately, I've got the bar to rest the pint on too! 😬

Love a good beer festival, can you promise to keep the local farm boys in check though. I know from experience that they don't like us boys from the big city! *eek*