Annual Dinner 2012

Simon.Rogers1

Hi Guys

Please see the info below.

Lotus Seven Club Annual Dinner 2012

November 10th, 7 for 7:30pm

Billesley Manor Hotel*

Alcester, Nr Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, B49 6NF

This year we are moving the venue for the Club’s annual dinner to a more central location, following on from last year's successful premier of this evening event. Last year’s event near Derby was attended by almost 70 members and this year we certainly hope to increase that number by attracting a wider range of members.

We have arranged some excellent entertainment for the evening with award-winning comedian Russ Williams sure to liven things up. Following a three-course dinner and Russ, we will have the obligatory disco until the end of the night. For those who missed last year's event, some of the dance steps seen on the dance-floor were a match for Strictly Come Dancing - (well those of Ann Widdecombe anyway)!

During the evening, the Lotus Seven Club Annual Awards will be presented between courses - this ensures that the event will follow a fast pace, and time spent listening to those boring speeches from the winners will be limited!

This year's awards have been extended and are listed below. Nominations for the general awards are welcomed along with any evidence.

1. Longest European Tour (Evidence Required)

2. Best YouTube (or similar) video - non race.

3. Best organised charity event (Seven Related)

4. Most well supported regional event/blat.

5. Most popular AR/region of the year.

6. Restoration/car of the year.

7. Best Technical Advice contribution - Blatchat (Tech Talk)

8. Speed Championship Awards - class winners and special awards

Nominations for any other awards welcome.

Tickets for the evening are priced at £37.50 each

Accommodation has also been negotiated at reduced rates of £107.00/double room and £63.50 for single occupancy per night. You can include the Friday night and make a weekend of it, keeping the funding authorities happy with a day in Stratford upon Avon!

Why not make up a table from your Regional Meeting and come and support those nominees?

Nominations should be sent via email to simon.rogers@lotus7club.com. I will then discuss these with other AR's and Team Members. Brown Envelopes and any other form of "fixing" are certainly welcome along with any other "stitch ups".

Dress code for the evening is Black Tie or Lounge Suit. (Last year, most wore the Penguin suit as this was mandated by the ladies. Very smart we all looked indeed).

Contact Sam Pearce - Membership Sec for tickets.

Edited by - Simon.Rogers on 15 Aug 2012 10:05:15

Edited by - Simon.Rogers on 15 Aug 2012 15:06:49

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the Menu Choices. Please make sure you let Sam know when booking.

Leek and potato soup with croutons

or

Chicken liver parfait, red onion marmalade, toasted brioche

-------

Chicken supreme with Chorizo and red wine sauce

or

Honey glazed pork loin steak, apple compote

---------------

White chocolate cheesecake with raspberry juices

or

Glazed lemon tart with a berry syrup

-------------------

Coffee and mints

Come on guys and gals - we are being outnumbered by general membership.

Edited by - Simon.Rogers on 2 Oct 2012 16:13:45

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

quick question for the ladies...

I have been asked to enquire what the other ladies will be wearing, is cocktail dresses or gowns 🤔

apparently there was a bit of a fuax par last year as I told her the former last year and everyone turned up in the latter 😳 and I would like to avoid a repeat of this terrible disaster happening again *eek*

rob

I do have a few user names but I can't seem to find that one. I do know of a number of other long standing competitors who regularly create new users but I could not possibly divulge them.

Anyway perhaps there are other Class 4 Toy boys out there - what makes you think it was you they are referring to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!