Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Front LEDs

billyboanerges

• Leadership Team

Hi Tony,

Are they bright enough not to need the headlights on in daylight? New to driving my 7 and have been pulled out on a few times in my first week.

Thanks, Garry

Yes, I think so Garry. That was why I got them and at the price I thought it must be worth a try.

They are very bright but I'll get SWMBO to drive towards me when it stops pi55in9 down!

I've got H180 headlamps and the LEDs make them look like candles!

Prob have to fit filament bulbs for MOT next year.

Tony

I think you might be disappointed.

DRL LED's are designed for direct view usually with some optics in front of them.

The sidelight replacements have 360 degree dispersion and then need the headlight reflector to direct the light.

They may be OK, but I suspect they won't be anywhere near as effective as driving with dipped headlights, or direct view LED's.

Hope to be proved wrong though *wink*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[u

Quoting TomB: 
Arse. I have a different bulb holder. My 1996 car has side lamp bulbs like these, so I need to get a blade type bulb holder with blade connectors for the wiring. Any ideas where I could find some?

That's strange, mine is a 96 and has blade type sidelights. Fitted my LED sidelights and am very pleased with them, quite a hint of purple to them and brighter than standard bulbs. *smile*