Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Convert from TVRs seeks advice

Griff

Dan as a convert from a 355 to an SLR believe me it doesn't matter which circuit to go to the 7 will win hands down. but like Andrew IMHO it's a track tool so I kept the 355 for fast road use *cool*

BTW Andrew you can buy part-worn ACB10's for around £15 a corner that last a good few trackdays or Slicks for £25 a corner

Mark

Dan if you're near Donington next Thursday (7th) you're welcome to do a lap or two in my ex -race SLR

Edited by - F355GTS on 1 Nov 2002 19:13:46

'course you could just do as I did and dream of buying one for years, then give it up as just that, a dream, then discover that a guy at work has one for sale, cheap, and buy it in spite of specification and really not care a bit because at the end of the day they are all spectacular. Seriously though, the test drive bit is good advice. It also allows you to check out whether your feet will fit on the pedals. I have size 6 feet (yeah, I know, that's why I bought a fast car *smile*) and I still end up wearing small shoes iin order not to press 2 pedals at once.

Make SURE when you book the test drive that you tell them you don't want to do the 10 minute loop around Caterham. Come in your existing performance car, and explain that you want to go to the country roads just south of the M25 for a fair comparision.

That's what I did, and had a 40 minute drive that HOOKED me for life!

Steve

SV VHPD *idea*

Drive like your wife *wink* depended on it....

click here to see our 7 and rallye pictures....

Yet another TVR convert here. I've had a 4.0 Griffith and two Tuscan S6s *eek*. I sold the 2nd Tuscan (at a £15K loss *thumbdown*) last Feb and bought a Superlight in April. Like Andrew said I wonder why I didn't do it years ago. The only thing I regret now, I wish I'd bought a pure trackday car with more of the go fast bits on it rather than being tempted to upgrade either the bits or the whole car (I've already spent £1.4K on a spare set of wheels and ACB10s, a 4-2-1 exhaust and an Appolo tank).

If you decide you want to (primarily) use it in anger on a track then I'd go for an ex-race SLR (or similar) and a trailor.

Andrew - how did you like the ACB10s at Anglesey? I used mine for the first time at Lydden and all the advice about predictability was spot on although they didn't appear to be any grippier than my CR500s, having said that I'm not sure they were getting hot enough.

Mike.

Griff,

As you're 'local' (nice blatting country round your way *thumbup*), get yourself over to Millwood's in Dursley, Glos. They're a great bunch, and in my experience very happy to send you out for a drive if you're halfway serious about the idea (even if you're not looking to buy immediately). Do a search for "Millwood" to see what I (and others) have said before.

Cheers,

Mark

😬 *cool* 1800 K-Series - S132 CUY *cool* 😬

😳 *eek* Also hairdresser's tin-top - J777 DMH - if it's raining *eek* 😳

*idea*Nuke the Cuc *idea*

Griff

I recently sold my beloved but 'OOOOOHHHHH' too slow (on track) Chimarea 450 & brought a SLR from Millwoods (www.millwood-mc.co.uk) & I totally agree with Mark (Ninja Boy) they are a great bunch of guys, very helpful, even agreed to meet me at the garage after closing (7pm) (I live in Epsom, Surrey) so I could view the car & they let me test drive it on my own (Try asking Caterham for a solo test drive), well that's all it took 15mins in the car & the deal was done, haven't regretted it one bit, what a blast the last few months have been, & this 7 love affair all started after a passenger ride with Mark (F355 GTS) at Kemble[:)

What a RUSH 😬 😬

Edited by - Clive on 7 Nov 2002 20:08:40

Edited by - Clive on 7 Nov 2002 20:11:17

Hi Mike

Never got to try the 6 inch ACB10's in the end, was having waaay too much fun with my 8's. Anglesey is a glorious track though, School has to rank as one of the all time favourite corners with that view of the sea as well!

BaT have the 6's ready for me to try at the next track day, I'll let you know how I get on.

Andrew

Yellow SLR T777XXX