Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mintex 1144s. Where from....?

Drumster

As I'm changing the front discs and the pads need changing as well I'm trying to source the larger surface pads reference MGB535M1144 but can't find anybody who has them in stock. I've alreay waited 2 weeks for the stock to arrive at Camskill and today they tell me it might be another 2 weeks. Apparently Mintex don't even have any. Questmead's site shows them on back order as well.

Before I resort the usual MGB533M1144s does anybody know of anyone that might have the 535s in stock? I need them for my 1t sprint on 28 April.

As I've never used the 535s can anybody offer a comparison with the 533s i.e. is there a marked difference in braking or is it not really noticeable it?

Ah yes, forgotten about them. A little put off about delivery times, I tried to phone their hotline this morning and......no reply ☹️

Will try later and see if they 1) have stock (I've very distrustful of ebay sellers as I've been caught out before when stock is 'apparently' available) and 2) why the long delivery?

Most local factors should be able to order them in. I'm sur emetor and 7speed can get them too. I usually go to dt as by the time you add delivery it's cheaper for me to drive up the road and collect...

Thanks everyone, but everywhere seems to have them on back order ☹️ with no future definite timescale for delivery......

Q102, link is only to 533 not 535 but perhaps an email is in order....

Edited by - Aeroscreens on 5 Apr 2012 19:07:57

Chris

Just seen your post. i've got a set of the larger 1144s which I took off the car a couple of weeks ago. They've probably only done 1,500 miles - loads of material left on them. You're welcome to have them if you can collect from Lingfield. Give me a call if interested..

Dave

Edited by - Dave McCulloch on 6 Apr 2012 10:48:49

Edited by - Dave McCulloch on 7 Apr 2012 18:46:15