• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoting SV Gary: 
SFS K Series 1600/1800 kits here for £137

Discounted to £100 would seem about right 😬

Fair point *smile*

I took these prices back to SFS, and Anthony agreed to the following prices for this bulk buy:

o CHS120 K Series 1600/1800 Dry Sump £120.12

o CHS120/B K Series 1600/1800 Wet Sump / Anti cavitation Tank £120.12

o HH09 Heater £49.56

However, we still need 20 buyers so feel free to keep the orders coming 😬

I must admit I'm a bit confused here, as it seems to be for 5 hoses. From memory, as I'm away at the moment, I think my car has 8 hoses if you include the small heater elbow hoses, and the expansion tank hose.

Don't they make these then? If not, that kind of mucks it up a bit, as I fancied red. But that would look a bit carp, if the heater elbows were still in black!

Could you clarify please.

Oz.

Chatting about this at a meeting tonight highlighted that the SFS kits are actually short of all the hoses required. If my installation (1.8, dry sump, SFS say (and show) 5 hoses as follows:

1) Rad-coolant rail

2) Rad to submarine

3) J hose

4) long hose from coolant rail and thermostat

5) short hose from submarine to header tank

However, the pipe from the header tank to the head of the engine (the little ball valve connection) is missing from the SFS - as such, if ordering one of these kits, folk need to be aware it wont include all the hoses, so it might be worth asking for an extra length of hose to complete your installation.

Quoting Ed W: 
Are the above prices with or without VAT? And what would be the costs with associated clips for each set?

Prices are with VAT, dont know the exact price for clips but have a look at the sfs web shop to get an idea *smile*

Quoting ozzy: 
I must admit I'm a bit confused here, as it seems to be for 5 hoses. From memory, as I'm away at the moment, I think my car has 8 hoses if you include the small heater elbow hoses, and the expansion tank hose.

That would be the three hose heater kit, so 5 hoses in the main kit plus 3 hoses in the heater kit should match your 8 hoses 😬

Quoting TomB: 
However, the pipe from the header tank to the head of the engine (the little ball valve connection) is missing from the SFS - as such, if ordering one of these kits, folk need to be aware it wont include all the hoses, so it might be worth asking for an extra length of hose to complete your installation.
Is that a dry sump only thing, or is that common between wet sump and dry sump?

Prices for individual lengths of hose can be seen here

The inlet manifold to header tank pipe that Tom speaks of is common to all K-series I think. I have my engine in bits so will go measure the length and bore of the pipe in the garage in a short while. I reckon a 1-metre length of silicone pipe could be split between at least two participants, possibly three at a stretch.

Right. Before I commit to this, could I have some clarity please.

Do they supply the proper angled elbows from the heater, and not some generic pipe, that needs bending somehow! Same goes for the pipe to the expansion tank.

Actually, some pictures of the whole set would be handy, so we know exactly what we might be buying.

Sorry to be a pain, but I do like to know exactly what I might get for my hard earned dosh.

Oz.

Quoting ozzy: 
Right. Before I commit to this, could I have some clarity please
Lets try *smile*

Quoting ozzy: 
Do they supply the proper angled elbows from the heater, and not some generic pipe, that needs bending somehow!
It would seem so, here is an image I got from Anthony of the heater hoses kit.

Quoting ozzy: 
Same goes for the pipe to the expansion tank.
Jury is still out on that one, so no clarity here. If we can get Mankee to give the exact measurements, I will contact SFS and see if we can get some kind of deal.

Quoting ozzy: 
Actually, some pictures of the whole set would be handy, so we know exactly what we might be buying.
Pictures of the dry sump kit is available at the SFS website, pictures of the heater kit is here. I have not seen any pictures of the web sump kit.

Quoting ozzy: 
Sorry to be a pain, but I do like to know exactly what I might get for my hard earned dosh.
You are not THAT much of a pain yet 😬 Personally I am a pretty go-easy kinda guy, and since several people in here have bought the kits from SFS and they seem satisfied, that is generally good enough for me. But we are all different *smile*

Edited by - gundersen on 29 Mar 2012 18:53:58

Fair enough.

From memory, I don't think the hose to the expansion tank has any particular bends in it?

So, could you advise total cost (inc Vat) for the 8 hoses in Red, including a set of hose clips to suit please.

Cheers.

Oz.

Ah yes, I forgot to post up my findings earlier. My inlet to expansion bottle hose is 9.5mm bore and about 55cm long. Longer than I thought! But could probably get away with half metre to be honest as mine seems to be overly long.

• Area Representative

Hi *wavey*

I'm now having a few doubts since I see the comments in the thread regarding 3 hoses for the heater kit.....

I think I would actually need 4 hoses, i.e. the 2 strange elbow hoses which connect to the heater and two straight lengths of hose.

Does the kit assume that you have already bought the other 5 hose kit to make it work?

I think I've got four of the hoses from Caterham already, so can a special four hose heater kit be obtained?

All the best

Richard

Richard,

I think you'll be ok with the 3 hoses. From what I've seen, you need the 2 elbow shaped ones, a short length to the heater valve, and the other hose is longer than the standard CC job (which is joined *confused*) and will reach all the way to the thermostat, without the join.

That's as I understand it.

Oz.

9.5mm bore and about 55cm long

These are £17/m so we would need to be able to coordinate one between two in the same colour.

In this picture, you can see the hose that is missing from the kit - its the one from the top of the coolant reservoir which goes to the head. The shorter one included in the 5 piece dry sump kit goes from the bottom of the reservoir to the submarine pipe.

Does anyone know / recommend where to get a bleed valve from as shown in the picture above? If you are going to do the job you might as well do it properly *wink*

Thanks

Ed

PS at least I now know I want them in Red!

Edited by - Ed W on 30 Mar 2012 07:09:04

Quoting Mankee: 
Ah yes, I forgot to post up my findings earlier. My inlet to expansion bottle hose is 9.5mm bore and about 55cm long. Longer than I thought! But could probably get away with half metre to be honest as mine seems to be overly long.
Thanks for the info, I will contact SFS and see if it can be included in the kits and at what cost...if any 😬

We are still quite a ways off from making the 20 orders needed to make the bulk buy discount. We had 30 people interested, but only 8 definitive buys as of now *cry*

So guys, be nice to the SWMBO tonight and get the buy sanctioned so we can make the discount 😬