Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR Offsets ?

Racing Snake

!5" or 13".

The 15" Rears are marked ET30 and the fronts are marked ET13.

This figure for the front is almost certainly innaccurate AFAIK CC took the standard 15" wheel and had the centres machined down for use on the CSR, however the wheel markings on the inside of the spokes remain the same.

If you give me an hour I'll measure the offsets for you if your prepared to accept my measurements.

Be lucky!!

Martin

The specs I received from Caterham during the build process are contained in the attachment inside this Linky Fronts are marked ET13 but are machined to ET40. Rears are ET8

However, despite this coming from Caterham I think Weeman is right with the rears being ET30 as the CSR race wheels are:

7x13 - et40 - 139mm backspace

9x13 - et30 - 158mm backspace

Not quite the hour that I promised but here's what I measured *redface*

The rear 15" wheel is ET30 as per the stamp on the spokes.

The front 15" wheel measures ET38 (yes thirty eight). This seems rather extreme but it does make sense when you put the CSR 15" wheel alongside the standard 15" wheel and see the amount of material that has been machined away.

I don't have 13" wheels to measure.

Hope this helps.

Be lucky!!

Martin

Edited by - weeman on 16 Feb 2012 08:39:22

Anyone know why CC recommend that the 15X9 CSR wheel not be used on the rear of an S3, as they will not fit? (At least, that is what the US CC distributor told me).

Swimming against the tide, I installed the wider CSR 15X9 inch wheel and Avon CR500 tyre in 245/40 R15 size on the rear of my 2007 S3. I used a 5-mm spacer (though it might not really be needed). The stock wheel studs are long enough to fully seat the wheel nuts. These tyres fill out the rear-wheel wells nicely!