Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Headlamp mounted indicator repeaters

apjenkins

I'd like to fit indicator repeaters on/in the side of my headlamps as I do not have any on the wings.

The headlamps are 5 3/4" so less room inside than 7".

If possible I would like 'E' marked lenses and LED lamps (not critical).

So who's done it?

Does it look good?

Any tips?

Any source?

Any part numbers?

Many thank's

@ndrew

I've done this fairly recently, and I am pleased with the results.

The repeaters I used were sourced from eBay, I believe they come from Fiat Coupes and Ferrari F40s - guess which are easier to source *cool* Here is an example

As for tips - I wired mine by removing the wiring from the front wing and routing it into the headlight, this is quite a squeeze given the amount of wiring going through the hollow bolt anyway.

I think they look good and definitely help me know when the indicators have been left on. Happy to provide photos and answer questions if you have them.

I followed Kevin's suggestion and used the Transit Connect side repeaters. I think that they look better than the other options that I've seen, IMHO.

His photos here

This was the original post [search for 'transit connect' if this next link doesn't work....

Original post

Blatmail me and I can email you a pic of mine if you like.

James

If you use the CBS ones (or any LED ones) you'll need a load resistor to load the flasher unit (doesn't have to be mounted in the bowl though).

Edited to add, ignore that if you're keeping the indicator pods as incandescent - I was thinking about replacing those with LED's *rolleyes*

Edited by - Ian B on 18 Dec 2011 17:23:35