Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Chris Boardman Road Bike, SOLD!

finmac

here

Bought new, used twice, cant get on with drop bars, so replacing it with the Hybrid I should have bought in the first place!

If you've been thinking about getting fit, summers coming and this bike is as new condition, Spec below:

Frame Material: Aluminium

Approximate Weight (KG): 8.85

Chainset: Truvativ GXP

Exact Frame Size: 53cm

Forks: Lightweight carbon fibre fork

Frame Colour: Black

Frame-: Lightweight double butted

Front Brake: Tektro R570

Front Mech: Shimano Tiagra

Gear Shifters: Shimano Tiagra

Handle Bars: Ritchey

Hubs: Sealed bearings

Pedals: Alloy platform, toe clips & straps

Quick Release Wheels

Rear Brake: Tektro R570

Rear Mech: Shimano 105

Rims: Ritchey DS Pro

Seatpost: Ritchey

Stem: Ritchey

Tyres: Continental Ultra Sport

£395 Properly boxed up! Plus postage

Edited by - finmac on 25 Feb 2011 21:47:09

Edited by - finmac on 25 Feb 2011 21:53:13

Edited by - finmac on 17 Mar 2011 08:06:18

Edited by - finmac on 23 Mar 2011 17:30:49

If you can measure from the middle of the bottom bracket to the top of the top tube then this will give you the frame size (usually). I suspect it's a bit big for me but you need this info as you aren't selling a bike for proper money without knowing the size, and let's be honest it's not as if most of us can easily come and have a look. *wink*

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Finmac looking at the pictures im not surprised that you cannot get on with the drop bars there not set up right and the seat looks like its set sloping down it looks very uncomfortable, I bet your riding on the drops all the time your surpose to ride with you hands on the brake leavers and use the drops when you need to, you need to tilt the drop bars back or better still go to a good racing bike shop and ask them to set the bike up to suit you hope this helps a Regards Paul

Edited by - Paul Formston on 23 Mar 2011 15:30:50

Agree with Paul... It looks horribly uncomfortable... Check out the Boardman website (here) to see roughly what the bike should look like. I like a level saddle, brake levers should be in a position whereby your wrists are not stressed (on drop bars this is about perpendicular with the road as your forearms will be parallel to the road, if you see what I mean). Hope that helps - get it set up correctly and see if you still don't like it, but you'd be amazed what a couple of tweaks can do for your general enjoyment!