Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Reversing Light Switch

Colin Cooper

PITA to get to. Once out you may need to grab the plunger with pliers to pull it out again, but be gentle so as not to score it too much, then use emery cloth the smooth the surface as it is probably gunked up. I also sprayed with switch cleaner to flush it out a bit.

Jonathan

=========================

My Flickr Gallery

92 Supersprint, Ford LSD LA, RK AX Crossflow. Stealth model (Matt Black and Ali), rebuild completed.

Apologies for a slight hijack...

I have a problem with my reverse light switch in that it flashes on the reverse light momentarily when changing up through the gears. It doesn't bother me too much but some of the chaps behind me when out on the blats get a bit of a shock when the see the reverse light come on! 😬

Can the switch be adjusted so it doesn't do this?

Cheers,

Martin

Duratec R300 SV Build Pics

Can the switch be adjusted so it doesn't do this?

The switch isn't adjustable but it's only a £13 spare and if you're reverse light is switching on/off whilst driving you really should sort it. ( ref

It doesn't bother me too much
...but the BiB might... *rolleyes* *smile*

Do you have a rubber bung access hole in the side of the transmission tunnel, near to the gearstick and beside the driver's knee? If so, it's just a case of removing the rubber bung, unclipping the two wires and then unscrewing the switch out of it's mounting hole and replacing. 10 minute job.