Click here if you are having website access problems ×

DRE Shift light (from bulk buy) installation/setup

MartinH

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a lot of help from a new Blatchat friend *wavey* they are now fitted.

And working very well 😬

I hope other RoadSport SV owners have more loom than I did to play with - the block barely came an inch past the dash, which made it all rather tricky expecially as I've got large hands, the easiest part of the whole thing was drilling the hole to put the grommet in .......

Still they look good and it was a perfect excuse for a quick blat!

Mike

07 Plated RoadSport SV 150 in Red with Black nose band and stripe

Fitted mine last week. K series superlight 2002.

Caerbont tacho, multi pin connector on back (8 ports)

Connections were; Position 1 Green wire on loom (Red wire on shift light)

Position 5 Black wire on loom (Blue wire on shift light)

Position 7 White/Black on loom (Green signal wire on shift light)

Shame I didn't notice that I loosened a spade terminal on the back of the ignition switch while fiddling around.

Having made a lovely job of all the connections, I then spent about 5 hours tracing the intermittent fault that cut the power to all the guages every time I revved the engine

This included disconnecting completely all the neat soldered connections I had just made.

Closed the garage, kicked the cat, swore at the misses, had a couple of beers and went to bed with the hump.

Went out next morning, 5 Mins,found loose wire at back of ignition switch, pushed back on, jobs a good'n

Works fine now.

Robin

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi *wavey*, I have my Stack out of the car ready to fit the shift lights *thumbup*. I now know which wires on the Stack loom to use *thumbup*, but I dont know which colour they are (Stack have never come back to me about this). So I will have to strip the plastic casing form the rear of the conector to find out *eek*.

It should be done in the next few weeks, I have the car off the road and I am trying to do a lot of other things with it as well.

I will be in touch when I have it all working *rolleyes*.

Su77on Se7ener

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread....

Doug, did you manage in the end ? Can you post an idiots guide to wiring the DRE lights into a Stack ??

Sounds like Apothecary might still be waiting too..or is it just me 😬

Never did get round to fitting in the summer so this is on my "to do list" over the winter.....

*redface* I have still not got round to fitting this yet, looking at the Stack loom I am begining to think this it may be easer to just run a new wire from the coil and just power the lights of the main key.

I am still in two minds on this, but need to pull my finger out, as the wife will want the dinning table back for Christmas 😳.

Su77on Se7ener