Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nitrons

skydragon

Regarding Nitron shocks, specifically the single way NTR sport model, For Hillclimb/Sprint/Fast Road use - What is the consensus of opinion on;

1) Best Spring rates front and rear?

2) Any specific valving to specify

3) any other points to consider

Car is a 2003 narrow track 1.6K DeDion

I ordered mine direct from Nitron.

Spring rates:

Front 250lb (Eibach)

Rear 150lb (Eibach)

Road valving.

don't worry about the cost, they look *cool* *cool* *cool* and feel *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* on the car.

Rik Robarts - C7 DNF the future's bright, the future's no longer orange though.here

Have run Nitrons for a few years, one of my best upgrades even though mainly for road use. Switched from 250 and 150 Nitron springs to 225 and 140 Eibach last year and although it sounds like a minor change it is noticable over the rough roads here. Bought and collected direct from Nitron after detailed discussions with them. The low rate rear Eibach springs were made especially for them, not avaialable direct from Eibach.

PJ

Spoke with Guy at Nitron, he was very helpful in explaining the options and his recommendations.

I went for a set of Nitron NTR Sport shocks, with Eibach springs, 225 front 170 rear, valving to suit Hillclimb/Sprint usage.

• Support Team

225 front is a common choice but 170 rear will be pretty harsh on the road. I ran a 250/150 combination which worked OK but was on the limit of road comfort. I have now switched to 225 front and 130 rear (but with Ohlins dampers).

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Shaun/Mark - Thanks for the input and advice. I should have taken the opportunity to ask more questions at Curborough, rather than eat fried egg and bacon butties all day long *smile*

Since your cars seem to go fairly well 😬 it seems sensible to follow your lead.

They don't do a Eibach spring in 150, so I've now changed my order to be 225 front and 140 rear.

Edited by - skydragon on 20 May 2010 09:59:20