Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cambelt change coming up...

TeKK

Hi guys, through judicious use of the search function I am non the wiser, so...

My 1995 1.4 K-series Supersport is booked in for a cambelt change this month.

1) Do I need to have the tensioner changed? (assuming from searching it's a manual)

2) Is this the correct cambelt? Linky Link and if so, is it the 23mm one I read about on here?

I just want to have my facts right when I go to buy the parts *thumbup*

Edited by - TeKK on 12 Apr 2010 15:54:39

I changed the belt and tensioner and fitted and timed vernier pullies to my ex Roadsport A 1.6 K racecar at Xmas, parts came from PTP and setting values from Oily. Compared to working on the rally car it was very easy to do, took 3 hours and has made a very obvious improvement, K series belts really are a simple diy job, I have also changed Sigma ones and they are much more fidly.

Go on do it yourself, you know you want to !

There are 2 ways to undo the bolt, the nasty way is to use a 'windy' wheel nut gun as the repetitive shock will wizz it out, the better way is to make a 'pawl' type lever from a bit of steel strip and some spacers and bolt it to one of the bell housing bolt holes with the point engaded in the ring gear

There are 3 ways to undo the bolt - I lock the starter ring with a beefy screwdriver clamped to the opening with a pair of molegrips. As the bolt is usually ****ing tight I jack up the car, fit the socket with a breaker bar pressing against the floor and then lower the car. Easy 😶‍🌫️