Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Throttle and clutch cable question

Stephen Long

Hi Guys, *wavey*

I will shortly be collecting my car. It has covered 18000 miles in its first 2 years. Not by me. Would it be wise to have the throttle and clutch cables replaced a this stage or are they more reliable on the Sigma cars 🤔

Should I just order spares and keep them in the car, I may add I hope to do some long touring this year.

Thankyou.

Longy

• Area Representative

Clutch and throttle cables are ESSENTIAL spares.

I cable tie my spares to the round bar of the chassis under the throttle body on my K series. Nice and handy if you need them.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Don't need the expensive complete Caterhham throttle cable - get a bike brake cable from Halfords and some fittings then if your cable does break just pull it out of the outer.

I repaired mine at the side of the road by clamping what was left of the cable (it wore through at the pedal end) with a pin from a 13A plug *smokin*

• Area Representative
Not sure you'll need a clutch cable

You will if you don't carry one. Sods law always applies.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

As mentioned in earlier post, if the throttle & clutch limit stops have been fitted I don't think you have much to worry about. (They thread up through the foot well floor) I found them rather awkward to fit

What are you getting? 125 or 150, road sport or super tight? Bet you can't wait 😬

• Area Representative

Not sure of the price of one from CC for a Sigma (although ISTR it being pretty expensive) but Darren on parts said a K series one would fit which could be useful if you needed one in a hurry as these seem to be more plentiful - kept as spares under the bonnet by others 😬

Nick

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...