Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LED Rear lights

Petrolhead

Jon,

Weeellllll....I only ordered 80 boards (40-sets) as I didn't know how many people would be interested. And I'm afraid I've got takers for all the spare ones (subject to people changing their minds), as I want to keep a few back to experiment with making indicators, too.

However, if enough people want more (and I have had a few other queries), then I may get another batch of boards made, as long as it's enough to make it cost effective.

If you're interested, send me you details and I'll add you to my list, in case I do have some spare ones (or for the next batch).

FYI, I'm using 4-pin 'Superflux' 120 degree LEDs. Pretty bright, and good wide beam. If you're happy to make up your own, then it'd same me a lot of the time it takes to make them up!

However....given a few posts on this thread...I must say 🙅🏻‍♂️ "use at your own risk!"

Adam.

I agree they looked carp

Its a pity CC can't design some new rear lights. I would haev thought when they designed the CSR they would have used the opportunity to have think about rear lights. Have some sort of cluster that incorportaed the rear fog and reversing lights.

But hey, they did not remove the exhaust cutout from the passenger rear arch ☹️

My site

Edited by - Petrolhead on 16 Nov 2009 11:10:41

*arrowup* *thumbup*nice job of it too Kevin

What I think is nice, is you could - using the SVC setup achieve an all rear clear lens effect (albeit with orange indicator bulbs in the outer centres for indicators) and the good part - This is ALL E MARKED - so is legal on the UK roads *thumbup*

I would like to add I had a word with a traffic cop who said they are actively looking for rear lights on cars that are not legal!! targeting Corsa's and Saxo's among others - the fact is, in a rear shunt where injury has occured it is often standard for the rear bulbs to be removed for forensics.

And always If the offending party flags up a complaint about your rear lights! So if your car has None approved rear lights mind how you go. *wink*

Look at it this way if you were to hit the back end of a car under heavy breaking because you didn't see his brake lights as they were poor in brightness or for any other reason you had cause to think the car infront had lights that were sub standard or faulty and they played a part in the crash - you would be all over it....I would, and I would insist they were checked for legality - knowing what I do now!

Edited by - Billyboy on 18 Nov 2009 17:45:59

Kevin

That looks excellent. I'm not sure - have you combined the fog and reversing light into the main cluster? I understand that a reversing light is not a requirement and it certainly make the backend look more up-tp-date than the standard trailer lights IMHO

SVC have a interesting low profile rear number plate light Rear Number Plate Light

Any great ideas for replacing the front main beam lights from something lower profile? Have you seen the ones on the Caterham Lavante

Lavante

Andy

Andy the lights are arranged with indicators on the outer of the wing surrounded by a combined tail/brake light then the inner clusters are fog and reverse surrounded by the mandatory reflectors, legally i believe the fog should be 100 mm from the tail/brake difficult on a caterham wing. i have small lowered front lights with bike indicators here and repeaters fitted to the side of lights. here

Kevin R

black(but sometimes orange)-ali HPC

here