Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil Pressure guage

steve hall

CC, if you are reading this then please take note that in the future this does need upgrading, the known fix is the mechanical option that isn't much more than the electrical sender. I know many on here are prepared for a few issues with these feather weight cars but there is no need for these sender issues.

BRG and Yellow nose now with added brooklands

Where in SE are you? I can have a scratch around the garage - somewhere I have a spare OP gauge if you wanted to try that first to confirm your gauge is OK, but I'd still put £10 on it being the sender for sure *thumbup*

You can replace the sender, but by the time you're on the 3rd you've paid for a mechanical set-up already. Highly recommend going that route from the off. Plenty on here about it, just do a search *thumbup*

Where am I?

I recently fitted a mech OPG (thx SM25T *wavey*) and it matches the CC gauges really well ... just go for it *thumbup*

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Flanders AO - l7C.flanders.ao@telenet.be

No need to drain oil. Just have a tray handy to catch the tiny bit that will run out of the filter housing. No problem at all *thumbup*

Do make sure you use a bit of PTFE tape or a sealant like Hermetite Blue on the threads at the engine end (the 1/8" one on the end of the tube and the M12 into the filter housing), or you may end up 'doing a Bruno' when tightening and tightening to try and get it to seal *eek*

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 12 Sep 2009 10:22:35