Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Engine running on

Macchiman

After 40+ years of motorcycles, I decided it was time to try something more sensible, so I'm now the proud owner of a 1998 1.6 K series 7. Fantastic!

The only issue so far is that the engine sometimes runs on for a second or two after the turning off the ignition. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Peter.

• Area Representative

Peter/Macchiman

Hi.

Herts/Bucks borders - you can not be far away from me in Berko - I'll keep my eyes open for another 7 but we are so over-run with 21s in this area (One each in Berko, Cholesbury, Wigginton, Chesham Bois) that it may be difficult to find the 7s!

Have you been along to the Penn Sevens meeting? Last Saturday of the month.

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

I noticed that mine started doing this a couple of months ago just as the mini-drought started. I can't remember it doing it before but that might be down to a bad memory and rubbish weather for the two previous Summers. Never heard of the fan theory before but I'll listen out for it next time.

2003 VVC

I had this a couple of years ago, it was the battery warning light feeding back and supplying a small amount of power that only ran out once the bulb was fully lit IIRC. I put a post on here and someone (I just tried a search to find out who but it won't work for me - some sort of server error?) told me to put a resistor in line to the light. He very kindly sent me one and I added it in....hey presto never done it since... except if I leave the fan override switch on. *redface*

To test the theory, disconnect your battery warning light and see what happens.... *thumbup*

Hope this helps all of the above people

Kev