Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling America- re diff information

RiF

I wonder if anyone knows if the Sierra Diff as used in our sevens was a standard unit in America? Was it used on any other Fords in the US?

Trying to get some parts made *wink* and they seem to think my measurements are different to other American models?

RiF Building a real super SUPER 7 with a V6 😬 😬 😬.For Build Pictures and LOTS of Carbon or try CA07BON for Henrietta's 7

Thanks Sean,

RJ, *wink* Just trying to save on some billet machine work!!!

So is the attachment for the propshaft the same on any other diffs for the Ford range?????

Yes you have guest it 😬 Trying to get carbon propshafts from the US. Our current supplier is surcharging nearly £200 for a 15mm length change *mad* (shorter not longer) Time to resource elsewhere *thumbup*

RiF Building a real super SUPER 7 with a V6 😬 😬 😬.For Build Pictures and LOTS of Carbon or try CA07BON for Henrietta's 7

The XR4TI (yank Sierra) had the 7.5" diff with output flanges for Lobro joints. Don't know about the prop connection, but I would guess it's the same as the Sierra 7" diff. All the threads in the 7.5 diff are metric. Only 43000 Sierras were sold in the US.

Most all of the other RWD Fords have live axles with a yoke connection to the prop. The 99 Mustang Cobra was the only other US ford I'm aware of with IRS and a flanged prop connection. The flange is considerably larger than the one on the Sierra diff.

Methinks your US supplier will have to tool up for the prop flange.

-Bob

94 HPC VX Evo III

Steve,

We are one of the distributors for Torqueline (see their site). They make all our props. The problem is we lost 2 orders a few weeks ago because they want to surcharge what I think is a fortune to change a length by a few millimetres. As so many of the enquiries are for specials we must find another supplier so we can offer a choice. Torqueline CTG have a monopoly in the UK and are snowed under with work. If you look in our shop you will see the range they already offer us and each was a special (except the std size). My new car has one of their props already to go in.

Bob

Thanks for the additional information. I think you are right, they will need to custom make for me. Not a major problem, just hoping to get a prop out for a very good price *wink*

Hi Mick *wavey* how are your plans for your build coming along????? Have you started to order yet????

*wavey* Slow! Still have the house, and boat to finish first. *rolleyes* Although both are progressing.

Chassis is still in darkest cornwall in a cave, having the ally bits done. (Very nice CSR wings in ally available soon. Had to have tooling made becuase of the shape.)

Messing about with gear calc at the moment.

I still don't have enough money for my engine yet. But managing to put a bit away each month. *wink*

I'll bring the chassis back here at the beginning of next year, along with everything to get it rolling.

No doubt you'll already be scaring yourself silly by then! 😬

Hi Mick,

Glad to hear you are slowly progressing. Will look forward to seeing the wings 😬

Hopefully the dollar exchange rate will improve for your engine *wink*

yes i should be on the road before yours but no schedule yet. Just so much to do and no time. Starting to panel the chassis this week 😬

Cheers Richard.

Dollar rate won't affect me too much, as I'll buy from Holeshot. His prices are fixed for a while, and he uses his own top ends. I suppose it will affect a bit, as the price of the bottom end will ultimately come from the states.

It would have been better buying a couple of months ago when the pound dropped below the euro.

But Like I said, don't have the cash available right now. *rolleyes*

I'm in no hurry. *wink*

Good luck with the paneling. You should be quite the expert at it now. 😬

I am keeping an eye on you site. *wink*

Edited by - Mickrick on 25 Jun 2009 16:52:06

RiF

Sorry, that will teach me to spend my working hours reading BC!

Now that I have got the egg off my face (and JH has stopped chuckling), how about giving the guys @ Cranfield University a call, maybe they could make a "Coretex" prop shaft to match the Coretex SeVen that they have already made.

Would Colin Chapman have approved 🤔

Sigma SteVe