Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack fuel pressure kit

paul jacobs

I notice that my standard Stack has a fuel pressure readout, which is not connected to anything, but still seems to increase with the length of the journey, what bits do I need to get this useful bit of information working? [And has anybody got the bits for sale?]

Paul J.

My CSR now back with it's new and remapped Omex ECU - Hooray no more kangarooing and 268.6 bhp / 204lb-ft :-))

I don't have the parts for sale Paul, but I think a pressure sender identical to the one the Stack uses for oil pressure, plumbed into the fuel line before the fuel pressure regulator should do the trick.

Darren E

K80 RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Home of the long-term, supercharged Duratec project *biggrin*

Edited by - k80rum on 28 Mar 2009 19:01:03

After the regulator, you've got low pressure return that's open to atmosphere (or at least your tank). Before the reg, you've basically got the pressure at the injectors which is what you want to know. The reg sits after the injectors and regulates the pressure before it, not after.

-----

VDU 7X Pics

More VDU 7X Pics

Edited by - Alex Wong on 30 Mar 2009 12:16:22

Hmm, that's odd, on my 2.3 CSR 269, with the RB throttles, there doesn't appear to be a return, really very odd! Maybe its' hidden away somewhere? I presume that Cc will sell the sensor for this, or should I get it directly from Stack?

Paul J.

My CSR now back with it's new and remapped Omex ECU - Hooray no more kangarooing and 268.6 bhp / 204lb-ft :-))

Even more confusingly (to me at least, 'cos I'm a bear of very little brain.. *smile*) Is the fact that most after-market fuel regulators have the fuel pressure fitting in the main body, along with the input from the end of the fuel rail.

I say confusingly because to my mind, it doesn't feel like you're actually siting it BEFORE the regulator although it must be from the perspective of the regulator internal gubbins.

The absence of fuel return appears to be the modern approach to providing fuelling and I suppose it simplifies the pipework. Mine's originally a K series which DOES use a return but it won't affect the installation.

I've got a feeling the non-return setup uses a regaultor in the tank, in which case a T-piece somewhere before the fuel rail would probably do the job. The sender would be this one.

Somewhere like ThinkAuto could no doubt supply the necessary part which would then need splicing into the fuel supply line. The only problem I can see with this is that from what I remember seeing on other cars, the CC installation uses the Ford fuel rail which has a strange Ford fitting so I suspect you'd want to keep this hose intact, mate it to the T piece with the sensor in, and then get another hose to hook up the T piece to the hardline coming from the tunnel.

Darren E

K80 RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Home of the long-term, supercharged Duratec project *biggrin*

Edited by - k80rum on 30 Mar 2009 16:25:16