Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Heat Shield

Chris F

During this cold snap that we are currently experiencing in artic London my mind has turned to keeping the cockpit cool during our month long trip to Spain/Southern France this summer. I've trawled the archives and talked to a few people and it seems some form of heat shield round the footwells and tunnel is certainly a good start.

There seems to be a vast range of different types of heat shield on offer from the likes of merlin motorsport and DT.

What is the best type to buy when on a limited budget 🤔

Where is the best place to buy it from 🤔

I've heard a rumour that you can get a pre-cut pack for 7s - is this true 🤔

It occurs to me that if the heat is not dissipated to the cockpit there will be an increase in temp in the gearbox/engine bay - is this going to cause problems 🤔

Are there any other tips for keeping cool?

Chris

I used some of the stuff from RiF last summer on the passenger footwell that gets very hot with a VX engine and it has worked a treat.

Made a quick pattern oout of paper cut the material and stuck on using the 'glue' also supplied by Rif. Didnt take very long to do either.

Alan

I lined both footwells with heat reflective material last year before going to the south of France and it made a big difference, a good mod if your heading into hot weather. I simply made card templates then cut the material and fixed in place with high temp impact glue.

Thanks all.

RIF, someone had suggested that you had a solution but I couldn't see anything suitable on your website... will give you a call over the next few days.

Got S type seats and had also thought that the leather could bake in the sun... suppose those pads will work for S types too... will probably get some.

Not considered B&Q but imagine that's a very cheap way to do it... may go down to my local B&Q tomorrow if its still snowing.

Chris