Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon aero whiskers-fitting help

neilg

Bought a couple of these, mainly cos i think they look cool. 😬. How many rivets do i need for each one and for those of you who have them are they just rivetted through the nose cone without a washer on the otherside or is it best to have a long rivet with washer. Cheers

carbon wiskers carbon wiskers dirty dirty barstewards!

I don't think you want to rivet them on. They produce so much downforce that the rivets will fall out !

Mine are held on with little stainless cap head allen bolts and nylock nuts with a flat head washer. You won't see the fixing unless you are grovelling on the floor wondering whats wrong with your hairdryer this time.

Off to halfords then old boy for some bolts.

Willy

Hi Willy, yep think i'll go with some little bolts, rivets are SOOO agricultural. I mean each whisker must make all of 2lb downforce!!.I need all the help i can get to keep the front down.

I've haven't got any template but i've a piccy of the R500 so i'll copy that.

Cheers Neil.

Thanks chaps, i think with the colossal downforce i'm gonna generate i'm going to bolt them on with some little allen key bolt things. Obviously i'll need a rear diffuser as well as all that downforce will have upset the balance somewhat 😬 😬

I wonder how long it'll be before i hit a pheasant and snap them off anyway?

Andy, hi mate , hope fatherhood is suiting you The 'bird is running fine at the moment thanks. I've entered myself on the Harewood Hillclimb/Sprint course on April 3rd to see what she'll do. Main probs are getting the front to turn in, but this is almost probably due to the fact that the tyres have been on the car since 2004 and have developed let's say a certain hardness. *rolleyes* *rolleyes*

Never down your way cos i know Goodwood noise meters would throw me out before i got out of the paddock. How's the HPC....cleaned it yet 😬 😬

Cheers Neil