Click here if you are having website access problems ×

She Lives!

Jay 28

Got the engine running for the first time tonight 😬, Feels so good to get life out the car, whod have thought it, somthing i build actually works! Well it didn't at first but it was a dodgy earth connection on the chassis 😔, but i solved the problem, just before i resorted to asking blatchat for suggestions.

A usless post but i had to tell someone!

2009 Academy (now running!)

It must be engine start week as my crossflow had its first short run today after being properly started a week ago at the engine builders. It is very 'tight' and we have had to up the tickover to keep it running at idle. When you turn the key to stop the engine it stops dead. Previous experience suggests that given 250 miles or so she will losen up nicely.

Best of luck with your cars guys *thumbup* I am praying for the good weather to continue for a few more weeks so that I can get some miles in.

Well done all!

Philask, have you de-immobilised it? Check the leads/coilpacks are all seated correctly, and the leccy cables are all connected etc, no reason it shouldn't work *confused*

John

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 (Hitting it fixed it )

Talloulah: '08 1.6K Classic (Tarnishing nicely ☹️)

Disconnect the fuel pipe and check the fuel sprays everywhere (no smoking *smokin*), could be a fuel blockage/air lock? I'm sure someone will tell you a better way, but that's what I did in my checks. And yes, then I realised there's an immobiliser. Silly me.

John

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 (Hitting it fixed it )

Talloulah: '08 1.6K Classic (Tarnishing nicely ☹️)

Only being a complete novice at this 'building a car' thing im afraid i cant come up with any new suggestions, apart from ring CC and see what they say. But you've probably already done that right?

Let us know if you get it running, its probably something and nothing, a real Doh! moment when you find the issue *smile*.

Hi Jay,

a bit late but congrats on the start up, not too technical (if it goes that is) but a great feeling of achievement. How far are you off completion?

Z3 - early days and all the fun to come. Almost wish I could build mine again!

Phil hope you come back and let us know how you get on, probably something simple I hope. I know how frustrating it can be *confused*

Andy

PLOD's been, waiting for DVLA again!!